Local Spokane coverage | Golden Skate

Local Spokane coverage

Not easy to understand that schedule.

Apparently there will be tapes of the various competition on two different networks right after the actual skate takes place live. Am I correct?

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
According to that site tickets are selling like crazy and the exhibition is already sold out. I get the impression that it's a pretty big deal over there. The lack of Kwan and Cohen doesn't seem to be a problem.

Maybe USFS from now on should stick to small cities rather than big ones.

According to that site tickets are selling like crazy and the exhibition is already sold out. I get the impression that it's a pretty big deal over there. The lack of Kwan and Cohen doesn't seem to be a problem.

Maybe USFS from now on should stick to small cities rather than big ones.
This is a huge deal for Spokane. They even put in a bid for 2009 Worlds, but lost out to Los Angeles (after some lobbying from Staples Center owner Phillip Anschutz -- hmm, where have I hear that name before?)

Skate America 2002 in Spokane still holds the all-time attendance record for that event. Between me, my mom, my brother and my sister-in-law we could only get three tickets, so we had to play rock, paper, scissors to see who would get to use the tickets each night (too bad, Mom -- paper covers rock.)

BTW, even though Michelle was there (replacing Sarah Hughes), the big media darlings were Jenny Kirk and Ann Patrice McDonough. Jenny skated a super short program, could easily have beat Michelle (naw!, just kidding), and got second place. She was the toast of the town for two days.

Then AP aced the long for second and won the silver overall. Spokane adopted her for the remained of the event. :rock: