Olympians on Ice CANCELLED! | Golden Skate

Olympians on Ice CANCELLED!

antmanb

Record Breaker
Just picked up a message from Blackpool pleasure beach to say that the Olympians on ice show has been cancelled :cry:

Gutted...it seems i won't be able to final se pluschenko live.

Ant

R.D.

Record Breaker
I wonder why. Did it not sell enough tickets or did some of the stars pull out?

Zanzibar

Final Flight
What? Are you sure? One of the producers just called me last week from England about the show....and everything was a 'go'? What happened??? At the time Plushenko, Irina, Tatiana and Roman, and others were confirmed. All that was up in the air was Lang and Tchernyshev because Peter has Canadian Nationals next week. I thought there were 2-3 shows...have they all been cancelled?

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
The information I have heard from other fans who are also very disappointed and had booked tickets to go is that all 3 shows have been cancelled as of the 12th.

Apparantly the reason is that they couldn't guarantee that all of the skaters would travel to Blackpool, so decided to cancel. Very sad indeed. :no:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
What? Are you sure? One of the producers just called me last week from England about the show....and everything was a 'go'? What happened??? At the time Plushenko, Irina, Tatiana and Roman, and others were confirmed. All that was up in the air was Lang and Tchernyshev because Peter has Canadian Nationals next week. I thought there were 2-3 shows...have they all been cancelled?

Hmmm, if there was only a doubt about one Dance couple, Lang & Tchernychev - and I didn't even know they were taking part - but all the major Russian stars - the Olympians - were ready to go as of a week ago, it all seems very sudden and a hasty decision to cancel. I'm sure most of the skaters would've fulfilled their committment to appear, and most fans were going for Plushy et al, so I don't really get it, unless he couldn't appear? :confused:

ukicefan

Rinkside
I've just phoned Blackpool Pleasure Beach and they confirmed that the Olympians on Ice shows have been cancelled. They are arranging refunds.

I'm gutted!

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Hope you get a full refund. :frown:

Read elsewhere it was TTMM who couldn't travel. :disapp:

There must be more to it than that. One monkey don't stop no show. If ticket sales were going strong, if Plushenko and Slutskaya were ready to go, call in Sinead and John as last minute replacements and on with the show!

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Unfortunately the dates clash with Europeans, which wasn't a smart move as many fans have already booked to go there.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Talk about bad luck .... i was also at the Kylie show on saturday night and she pulled the plug half way through because she was so ill. :cry:

Double gutted!

Ant

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
News today from the press contact Dan:

"I’m sorry to report that this is true. As crazy as it seems… there has not been the interest the promoters anticipated and they have decided to cancel. The venue is offering full refunds to all who have purchased tickets. Perhaps they will try to schedule another date in the future – although this seems unlikely due to very hectic schedules for the skaters…"

As I suspected the scheduling was a contributory factor, as the Steven Cousins Iced Energy show in Nottingham earlier in the season was a success, just a bad time during Europeans, GB is not awash with skatefans unfortunately. :frown:

antmanb

Record Breaker
News today from the press contact Dan:

"I’m sorry to report that this is true. As crazy as it seems… there has not been the interest the promoters anticipated and they have decided to cancel. The venue is offering full refunds to all who have purchased tickets. Perhaps they will try to schedule another date in the future – although this seems unlikely due to very hectic schedules for the skaters…"

As I suspected the scheduling was a contributory factor, as the Steven Cousins Iced Energy show in Nottingham earlier in the season was a success, just a bad time during Europeans, GB is not awash with skatefans unfortunately. :frown:

I spoke to a very nice lady yesterday at Blackpool pleasure beach reservations and she was very apologetic for the cancellation and put my refund through straight away. What a sorry state of affairs that in an "arena" that hold only 1,500 people they had trouble filling it.

Ant