Junior Men Short Program | Golden Skate

Junior Men Short Program

Rosaleen

Medalist
1 Ehren Jaleel Royal Glenora Club AB
Music: Rachmaninoff Medley / red brocade bolero with cream shirt
Some nice chor to set the mood - he takes command of the ice / 2a really wild landing but held on - too slow into it / 3z2t / back twisted sit ch sit - a little wobby (for him) but done / O ftwrk in char of music / 3f bit forward on landing / strt ftwrk - now he's into the music and showing his stuff / flycam with lovely extension to Josee layover and catchfoot / something happened going into his combo spin and he didn't do it - I didn't really see what happened - he went into a back camel and couldn't get his center and fell out of it / T 21.95 C 20.16 Tot 42.11 / currently 1st of course

Rosaleen

Medalist
2 Elladj Balde Pierrefonds FSC QC
Music: Les Rois Du Tzigme / Jewish Music / dark navy velour with light blue diag sash effect
3z3t turned forward after the toe a little quick but ok / 3f / 2a / sit ch sit with edge variations / there's been some nice chor & movement in this 1st section / O ftwrk is flowing right with the music / flycam to donut - could use a bit more extension in the camel (toe pointed down) / strt ftwrk is very good - dynamic & with music / back camel sit starts the combo spin - great variations - not as centered as it should be / a dynamic program and he skated it well - he's very happy with his skate / T 29.85 C 21.89 Tot 51.74 new personal best / currently 1st

Rosaleen

Medalist
3 Andrew Lum Vancouver SC BC
Music: Cirque de Soleil /
Some chor to start to the dadadumm / he's fast / 3z hung on with turnout 2t / 3f fell / flycamel with good fly & variations / strt ftwrk is fast with lots of pos variations uses whole body / 2a / back sit ch sit with variations / O ftwrk is with the music & again uses whole body / good combo spin to end - went on forever / T 22.27 C 19.51 Ded 1.00 Tot 40.78 personal best / currently 3rd /

Rosaleen

Medalist
4 Justin L Piette Berthierville CPA QC
Music: Swing Music yellow shirt with tie & suspenders /
2a / fell on 3f / 3l 2t - it was right in front of me and I'm not sure if it was a single or 2t - I actually think single / sit ch sit is good / strt ftwrk is in char of music / flycam is very slow and pos is on the weak side - needs more extension / O ftwrk is in char of music but something seems lacking to me - not sure what / combo spin is ok I think - didn't really see it as I just realized that I've been writing down the long program music for each skater instead of the short - sorry about that / T 19.03 C 18.67 ded 1.00 Tot 36.70 / currently 4th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
5 Jeremy Ten Vancouver SC BC
Msuic: from 7 Targets - French film dark purple velvet with orange & purple on 1 side
Some dramatic chor to open to the dramatic music / 3z fell out turns 2t / ftwrk into 3f had to save it a bit / flycam with great layover / sit ch sit is low with nice variations / strt ftwrk is well done - with music / bent knee twizzles as transitions / O ftwrk is right with music - / ina into 2a / combo spin starts with flycam very good positions - fast / he had a great 3z3t in warm-up / T 28.32 C 24.96 Tot 53.28 / currently 1st /

Rosaleen

Medalist
6 Robert Schultz Preston FSC WO
Music: Spanish red shirt with black vertical stripe effect
2z2t / 2f with bad wrap / flycam is pretty good - no pos variations / O ftwrk is with music - fairly simple / combo spin with good pos & variations ending in xfoot / 2a / strt ftwrk moves fairly well / sit ch sit with nice variations - got very slow near the end / T 17.78 C 17.00 Tot 34.78 / currently 6th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
7 Nathan Last Nepean FSC EO
Music: Charleston - big band / grey pants vertical striped shirt with suspenders /
3s2t after a bit of chor to set the mood / 2 tano flip / flycam with arms behind back - needs a bit more extension / O ftwrk in char of music - nicely done / 2a fell out fell / combo spin is well done - positions were held with good speed / sit ch sit with variations / strt ftwrk again in char of music / T 18.91 C 19.29 ded 1.00 tot 37.20 new personal best / currently 5th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
8 Ian Martinez Laval CPA QC
Music: tango de Roxanne / Black with black & white shirt
3f hands down / O ftwrk is right in char of music - well done / 2z2t / combo spin is very good - nice pos & good speed / 2a is good / spin at far end of ice I didn't really see - thin kit was the flying camel / strt ftwrk is expressive / sit ch sit - fast & low with variations / some nice chor into his closing pose / T 21.15 C 23.34 Tot 44.49 / currently 3rd /

Rosaleen

Medalist
9 Chad Mathieu North Bay FSC NO
Black, grey & white vertical striped shirt /
Some good chor to start / popped z / nice ftwrk into 3f fell / flycam needs more extension & speed / sit ch sit with variations is a bit slow / O ftwrk is ok / 2a / strt ftwrk - is good - right with music except a little balance check near the end / combo spin to end / T 15.08 C 17.54 ded 1.00 Tot 31.62 currently 9th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
10 Evan Gammon Skate Lakeshore WO
Black with bright colour down one side /
Music is kind of quirky and he's expressing it very well / 1st jump on cheat sheet is a 3f but I'm sure it wasn't a flip - probably a toe - we'll see with the results sheet / 3z kind of stumbled out didn't do a 2nd jump / 2a / I didn't get the rest of the elements typed as they happened but in general there were good / I really enjoyed this program / T 22.62 C 18.05 Tot 40.67 new personal best / currently 6th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
11 David Saunders Richmond Hill FSC CO
Music: The Unforgiven / black t-shirt & pants
Bit of music glitch to start / nice chor to very long low chord / 3s hand down step out / ftwrk 2f / O ftwrk is very nice - bit slow but very expressive / flycam nice fly ok pos / strt ftwrk again is very expressive / 2a free foot went down very fast / combo spin with some good pos - ended in xfoot / sit ch sit / He's kind of slow across the ice in general but very expressive - he uses his arms very well / T 16.50 C 18.56 Tot 35.06 / currently 9th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
12 Justin Junior Chatham (ON) FSC WO
Music: Beethovan's Last Night black with vest effect over white shirt - elegant/
Some chor to the soft opening music / 3z2t / music picks up / 2f / strt ftwrk slows down about ½ way through and the music is building - it's quite complex but needs to keep moving / flycam is nice / 2a pitched forward on toe but clean / sit ch sit with nice variations / O ftwrk isn't quite with the music / combo spin has nice open leg pos / T 20.15 C 17.80 Tot 37.95 / currently 7th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
13 Sébastien Wolfe Rosemont CPA QC
Music: Shall We Dance / black with striped down leg and red glitter on shirt /
Some chor to set the mood / flycam with layover / 2a / 3z leaning in air - fell / strt ftwrk is very good - in char / 2f / back cam sit open leg ch ending in xfoot - excellent spin / O ftwrk flws well - in char / sit ch sit with variations - fast & low / T 20.88 C 20.96 Ded 1.00 Tot 40.84 / currently 5th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
14 Dave Ferland Lames De Chicoutimi CPA QCMusic: Tango black with gold down one side - very nice /
2a / 3l2l / sit ch sit is very good - variations & low pos / O ftwrk is with music - nice to watch, maybe a bit simple / 3f fell / back camel starts a combo spin / strt ftwrk expresses music / flycam - nice fly ok pos - spin gets very slow / T 23.78 ? C 22.17 ded 1.00 / tot 44.95 currently 3rd /

15 Jonathan Mills Bowmanville FSC EOMusic: Romeo & Juliet - no it isn't - not that I've ever heard before / green long sleeve t-shirt top with dark pants /
3s had it then sat / 1a / 2f / flycam with bent leg variation / strt ftwrk / sit ch sit is very good - nice pos & centered / O ftwrk is with music - missing something though / combo spin to end with foot to head / T 12.37 C 15.84 ded 1.00 tot 27.21 / currently 15th /

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
16 Patrick Wong Vancouver SC BC
Music: ?? Lime green shirt with blue lines bright blue pants
Some fun chor to start with music and right into strt steps / 3z2t nicely done / spread eagle ftwrk 2f / sit ch sit with variations is good / 2a / flycam with cariations to donut / O ftwrk moves very well - with the music / combo spin is fast with very good pos / There's a new maturity in his skating this year and he's improved his jump landings - knees are much better / T 27.25 C 23.50 Tot 50.75 new personal best / currently 3rd /

17 Jonathan Gugulyn Royal Glenora Club AB
Music: Classical Graffetti black leather pants
3z2t / 3f step out / O ftwrk is complex - well done / 2a / combo spin is good - nice inside edge sit & xfoot / flycam with excellent pos & speed / diag ftwrk flows very well with music - nicely done - good use of body - then a fall right at the end / sit ch sit spin is good - nice low pos / T 23.33 C 21.17 Ded 1.00 tot 43.50 / currently 6th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
18 Jean-Simon Légaré CPA Villeneuve QC
Music: Emerald Tiger Black with turquoise sheen on top
I basically missed most of his skate - I saw it but hit the wrong button and lost most of what I had typed / he skated clean with a 2a / 3z2t / 3f / very expressive with good chor and spins - nice pos / T 29.83 C 24.42 Tot 54.25 personal best / currently 1st /

Rosaleen

Medalist
19 Jesse Smith Fort Macleod FSC AB
Music: Gershwin Piano concerto in F
2a / 3z 2ft 2t / flycam with great pos & variations - little bit slow / 1f / O ftwrk is expressive / sit ch sit is very good - nic epos & speed / strt ftwrk is expressive - bit slow / combo spin to end is very well done / T 15.75 C 15.45 Tot 31.20 / currently 18th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
20 Dominic Rondeau Boucherville CPA QCMusic: Bruce Lee Story /Black with lime green design - nicer than it sounds /
3f fell / 3z landed on inside edge both hands down / upright combo spin? Some excellent pos / O ftwrk has some nice features / 2a / flycam has droopy free leg / strt ftwrk is ok - with music / sit ch sit to end / T 14.08 C 16.42 ded 2.00 Tot 28.50 currently 19th /