Senior Ladies Free Skate | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Free Skate

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Jessica Dube has withdrawn from the Ladies Free Skate due to lack of preparation

Obviously, the pairs competition is more important to them. She needs to save her strength until then

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Just an update:

After 11 skaters here are the standings:

1. Amanda Billings - 133.49
2. Mylene Brodeur - 124.87
3. Kristen Walker - 121.92

Last edited:

lutzskate

On the Ice
Jessica Dube has withdrawn from the Ladies Free Skate due to lack of preparation

Obviously, the pairs competition is more important to them. She needs to save her strength until then

This was always a part of their strategy. She wanted to still compete in the Short Program because she feels it's a good "distraction".

Gooo Leslie! Make that world team girl!!!! What a cinderella story if she makes it. I hope I hope I hope!

evenstar

Final Flight
Darn, I don't think Cynthia's score will hold up. That said, what a great comeback for her!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Standings going into the final group:

1. Cynthia Phaneuf - 148.36
2. Amanda Billings - 133.49
3. Mylene Brodeur - 124.87

rain

Record Breaker
Now, I love Phaneuf, I do, but it is totally wrong that she is placed ahead of Samson. Samson did much more difficult jumps and her program had real spark. She has the most potential of all the ladies I've seen this week. Disappointed with this result. I hope Phaneuf gets back to her prior level, but she is not there yet and needs to be marked accordingly.

lutzskate

On the Ice
Now, I love Phaneuf, I do, but it is totally wrong that she is placed ahead of Samson. Samson did much more difficult jumps and her program had real spark. She has the most potential of all the ladies I've seen this week. Disappointed with this result. I hope Phaneuf gets back to her prior level, but she is not there yet and needs to be marked accordingly.

Samson did 4 triples and Cynthia did 3 and fell on the 4th, but her skating quality was so much stronger - better spins, better quality of jumps and better program.

WOW! While she's not my favourite, Mira did skate lights out. I really hope and pray that Leslie can have the skate of her life to hang on though to the world team. It would be such an emotional placement.

rain

Record Breaker
Samson did 4 triples and Cynthia did 3 and fell on the 4th, but her skating quality was so much stronger - better spins, better quality of jumps and better program.

But it's not just number. Samson did the lutz and the flip — the two hardest triples — while Phaneuf did neither. And I must disagree with you about quality of jumps. I think they both had lovely quality.

lutzskate

On the Ice
:disapp: :cry: for Lesley. I guess there's no chance of having a skate-off between Mira and Lesley at 4CC?

OMG! Joannie, that was too close for comfort. Don't do that to us again!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Rochette wins 3rd straight title which means the world team will most likely be:

1. Joannie Rochette
2. Mira Leung

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!