Senior Ladies Free Program | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Free Program

Rosaleen

Medalist
1 Erika Tisluck CPA De La Prairie QC
Music: Coeurs a Cordes, Hemishpere Sud / shades of bright blue - periwinkle
3fr2t / 3l hand down foot down / nice falling leaf / 3z / she looks very focused & calm / 2a fell / combo spin is very nice - reflects the music / she's into her music / 2t / back sit twisted front sit tuck / 3z landed with foot in front - couldn't push through the landing / strt ftwrk is on the slow side but moves with the music / layback is nice - centered / bailed on flip after about 2 revs / spirals start with side split - upper body is too low on the forward ones / butterfly sit with variations / general skating was somewhat slow - picking slower music tends to make to forget that she's slow / T 33.31 C 33.40 ded 2 tot 64.71 new pb / gr tot 103.92 currently 1st

2 Monica Boucher Sherwood Park FSC AB/NT/NU

Music: Watch Hill shades of lilac with silver glitter on chest /
2a / 3t2t / flysit - just saw the end when it got very slow with the tuck pos / 1z / spped & glow is generally good / 3s2t / layback with pos variations / strt ftwrk expresses the music well / spirals / 2a / back sit ch sit is a little slow but good pos / 3t rotated but foot got stuck and fell / 1a turns 2t / combo spin into final pose / T 35.84 C 34.73 ded 1.00 tot 65.97 new pb / gr tot 104.28 curently 1st /

3 Devon Neuls White Rock South Surrey SC BC/YT
Music:Gone with Leaves dark royal blue with gold trim
Some dramatic chor to start / 3s / popped lutz - pick didn't go in right / 3f fell / death drop is big with fast spin with variations / some chor now as music slows and changes / 3s2t2l / back cam started out loopy to catchfoot - kind of a sloppy & short spin / spirals / 1a / layback is fast with very nice pos & variations / strt ftwrk expresses the music (which is kind of monotonous for long pieces of it) / 2t I think / 2a had it hard fall / combo spin is very good ending in beillman / T 37.07 C 36.87 ded 2.00 tot 71.94 gr tot 113.55 currently 1st /

4 Diane Szmiett Watford FSC WO
Music: Sabre Dance / Turkish Circus / white with diag design in red & yellow /
Some chor to start / 3t turn touch down 2t / 3z fell / combo spin as music picks up excellent sped & pos /
3f hand down / 2a / spirals / 3s hand down 2t / back sit ch sit is fast with good pos / 2s / upright ch upright spin with great leg variations / strt ftwrk works with music - intricate / fell on a jump - I didn't see the take-off / flysit with great fly & tuck / T 35.83 C 34.20 d 2.00 tot 68.03 / gr tot 107.43 currently 2nd /

5 Michele Moore Burlington SC WO
Music: Sabre Dance / Fire Dance black with semi sheer at waist - silver trim /
3s under rot landed weird on 2 feet / 2a / combo spin / 2t / 3s fell / combo spin - didn't really see it / spirals / 2a turns 1t / back open leg spin ch upright then foot to head / 2z / 2f / O ftwrk moves well / death drop combo spin / the last part of the pgm was to sabre dance and she really doesn't skate fast enough for the music / T 27.66 C 3T 27.66 C 31.47 ded 1.00 tot 58.13 new pb / gr tot 95.79 currently 5th /

6 Erin Scherrer Kitchener - Waterloo SC WO
Music: Claire de Lune dark royal blue /
soft chor to start / 3l is high bit forward on landing / 2s / some nice chor / 3t / death drop / back Y spin / some chor / ina turn 2a / her jumps are big / 2l / she got nice arms / 2a / combo spin is a little slow but so is the music at this point / spirals / music changes - very sticatto / strt ftwrk builds with the music / 3t pitche forward turn 2t / combo spin to end is fast with good pos / T 40.31 C 38.52 tot 78.83 new pb / gr tot 120.67 currently 1st /

7 Amanda Billings Calalta FSC AB/NT/NU
Music: Bell Song / fushia with turquoise & gold trim /
Some chor to start - nicely set to the music / 3z 2ft turns 2t / 3s2t hand down on the toe / loop didn't get off the ice / travel 3 into very fast back camel sit upright - very nice spin / layback with foot to head the strt leg - very fast / she's right with her music / music lightens up now and her movement is lyrical / coe spiral on very good edges / 3s / 2z came of out of triple early & forward / 2a / flycam spin with layover to donut / str ftwrk is flighty - matches the music / 3t almost hand down 1t / combo spin is excellent great speed & lovely pos / T 45.35 C 44.48 tot 89.83 new pb / gr tot 133.49 currently 1st /

8 Hjordis Lee Mariposa WC CO
Music: Suri Regreso Al Amor / black lace effect over red /
Great tango moves to start / 3t2t just hung on to the 2nd jump / 1a / 3s both hands down / combo spin is very good ending in Y / 2t / deathdrop back sit tuck / 1z / 1a / back upright combo spin is very pretty / spirals / strt steps in char of music - very sticatto - well done / 2l1l / back cam sit upright spin / 26.17 C 33.86 ded 1.00 61.03 gr tot 103.42 currently 7th /

9 Jessica Dubé Drummondville CPA QC
Music: From Puccini without Words album - withdrew
evidently sometime earlier today, but I didn't realize it because I didn't get an updated start list

10 Mylène Brodeur St Leonard (QC) CPA QC

Music: Piano Works - Imagine / white with bit of blue
Nice & calm - think 2a turns 3t seq / 2l / bad pick on z / 3t2t / combo spin camel - nice fast sit upright back sit Y / some chor / 3s / death drop spin with variations / spirals / 2a pitched forward hands down / 2a2t bit tight on toe landing / ftwrk is right with music - soft & lyrical / backsit then combo spins are very nice / T 40.05 C 39.33 tot 79.38 / gr tot 124.87 currently 2nd /

11 Charlotte Bélair Brossard CPA QC

Music: Riders on the storm / Light My Fire - The Doors / black with shades
3z2t / 3f had it then slid off edge / 2s / back cam sit starts combo spin / this music is definitely not the Doors / spirals start with side split / now I just heard riders on the storm / 2a2t / 2z2t / sorry this is the strangest arrangement of the doors that I've ever heard and it's driving me crazy / 2a / I just missed a very nice jump / back sit ch sit / I'm positive this is David Arkenstone - I think I have the album / flysit to end the program / sorry for the lack of skating play-by-play during her program but the music was driving me nuts trying figure it out / T 40.49 C 35.60 ded 1.00 tot 79.09 new pb / gr tot 119.63 currently 4th /

12 Kristen Walker Crowchild SC AB/NT/NU
Music: Becoming a Geisha / Violin Fantasy on Turnadot
Black lace with silver at neck / 3t2t2t / 3s hand down / 2a2t / sit ch sit is a bit slow / 2s 2t / strt ftwrk matches the music well & she's listening to it / 3t held off putting hand down / deathdrop with variations / 2a step out / 1a / back cam starts combo spin - not using the music very well right now - movement s are with the phrasing / combo spin to end / T 41.22 C 34.13 tot 75.35 / gr tot 121.92 currently 3rd /

SkateTalker

Spectator
FYI Rosaleen - Jessica Dube planned to skate only the short program all along - she did not have enough time to get the long program ready for this competition - this was explained by her coach on last nights broadcast.

Rosaleen

Medalist
13 Cynthia Phaneuf Sorel CPA QC
Music: Claire de Lune black with silver glitter /
2a / 2l (planned) / 3z leaning fell / flycam no fly to speak of but spin is beautiful / some chor / 3s nice air pos / 3t2t2l hung on to loop with sheer determination / spirals - nice seq / strt ftwrk - nice with music - lyrical / 3t forward on landing / deathdrop with fast spin to Y ch sit to broken leg (very pretty ) - nice spin / 2f2t (planned) / combo spin is very nice fast & centered ending open leg pos / backsit ch sit is nice / T 46.62 C 53.07 ded 1.00 tot 96.89 gr tot 146.36 currently 1st /

14 Myriane Samson St Jean CPA QC
Music: Tango de los exliados / Queer / very pretty dark red /
Some chor to start / 2a / 3z big smile on her face / 3f / deathdrop nice spin variations / 3s / 3l2l very tight on 2nd loop / spirals / back cam starts combo spin - very nice / music slows again / 2s / 2a turns 2a 1l / spin that I only saw the end of / strt steps crowd is clapping - very well done with music / back cam sit upright ch sit upright / a very very happy lady / T 47.40 C 46.39 tot 93.79 new pb / gr tot 143.75 currently 2nd /

15 Meagan Duhamel Walden FSC NO
Music: Phantom of the Opera / Annabelle's dres from Lawrencof Arabia with Patrice /
Spirals / 3z is huge / 2a turns 3t hand down / sit ch sit - good pos / 3f almost hand down / ftwrk is good matches music / 2l / 3z2t / back cam sit edge upright ch sit crouch / 3s foot brushed going through / butterfly sit to edge / 2s / back camsit open leg urpright ch sit upright / T 49.72 C 47.07 tot 96.79 / gr tot 144.23 currently 3rd

16 Mira Leung Vancouver SC BC/YT
Music: Terracotta Warriers new bright blue dress with black down the arms - nice /
Some chor to start to soft music 3f / music start to build / 3z2l / 3s / some chor / combo spin camel sit layback beillman - well done / layback spin to ½ beillman / spirals leg at side then lets go / 3t / 2a2t / flycam to edge to donut / music change to light & lyrical strt ftwrk works with it very well / music starts to build - 3z / 3f2l2l / combo spin to end is very good - crowd is cheering & clapping through the whole spin - standing O from most of the crowd / T 57.82 C 49.27 tot 107.09 new pb / gr tot 159.59 currently 1st /

17 Lesley Hawker Toronto CS & CC CO
Music: I'll be Seeing you / elegant dark navy with silver
Starts with soft piano then into snare drums / 3z2t2l hopped out of loop / 3f2t / combo spin on one foot cam sit upright / 2l balance check on landing / spirals / some chor as piano starts again / 3z flipped off edge / 3f / deathdrop with nice spin with variations / butterfly camel spin to donut very nice - right with music / 3s hop turn 2a kind of stumbled out of axel / strt ftwrk - soft & smooth with the music / 3t / combo spin to end the program - very nice / T 52.39 C 50.29 tot 102.59 new pb / gr tot 156.16 currently 2nd /

18 Joannie Rochette Berthierville CPA QC
Music: from Don Juan / black with gold glitter /
Intense chor to the opening bars / then she moves / 3f2t2l / 3z2t / 2l hand down / back cam start combo spin to sit twist ed upright ch sit / strt ftwrk in char of music uses whole body / 3f / some chor as music softens / 1a turn 2t seq / sit ch sit / spirals split jump / 2z / 3s / combo spin / death drop / both are very good / T 55.56 C 58.20 tot 113.76 / gr tot 170.65 currently 1st /

Rosaleen

Medalist
FYI Rosaleen - Jessica Dube planned to skate only the short program all along - she did not have enough time to get the long program ready for this competition - this was explained by her coach on last nights broadcast.

Then why didn't they withdraw right after the short program, before the draw was done for the free program.

SkateTalker

Spectator
Don't ask me - haven't a clue but it would have made more sense wouldn't it. Perhaps the rules don't allow them to scratch her in case she suddenly changes her mind??? *shrugs*