Question about filters | Golden Skate

Question about filters

sk8rmommy

Rinkside
I'm not sure if someone can answer this here for me, but I've noticed that Golden Skate never has any offensive hackers posting messages on the site.

I also visit a dance site geared to dance studios and almost daily they are getting posts from people advertising really explicit things, the same type people receive in spam e-mails, only they are showing up as posts from random users(the user names are just a mish mash of characters). Eventually the moderator removes these posts, but only after they sit there for young eyes to see for a day or two.

I've brought it up to the moderators that they should have a better filtering system, but they don't seem to know how to combat this.

How does Golden Skate prevent this from happening on this site?

Last edited:
The short answer is that one or another of the moderators in on line several times a day, so we usually notice it within a hour or so. Plus, GS members help us out by using the "report this post" feature.

Also the registration procedure is designed to discourage troublemakers from posting in the first place. I sent you a PM about it. :)

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah, you just gotta have at least one mod (in this case ME) who has no life and just sits and waits for something to happen on the board :laugh:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
GS wouldn't be as good of a forum if it weren't for the hard-working mods here to protect our great members!!

No filters (as mentioned above). The registration procedure helps. People don't like using a valid email to confirm, and it does turn away a lot of people, but I feel it's necessary for more reasons than one (as listed above :)