Disney fans, the divorce....? | Golden Skate

Disney fans, the divorce....?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
So what do you think is going to happen?

Will she get shares and just sell them to Steve?

What is fair / what should happen?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I am rather surprised that there is not any mention from one resident Diz fan here on this???? But In reality it shouldn't matter to fans of Diz, Izner is gone to a degree so it is a better world regardless. I just hope he doesn't plan on buying back in.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think the family Disney really wants Eisner to have hold of the company anymore. Roy Disney headed a campaign to get rid of him and it took a while but he got his way.

I like the direction Disney is headed now.

as for the 'divorce', I've no idea what you're talking about, so I can't comment.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I don't think the family Disney really wants Eisner to have hold of the company anymore. Roy Disney headed a campaign to get rid of him and it took a while but he got his way.

I like the direction Disney is headed now.
I hope I didn't screw that post up to the point where it sounded like I don't fully agree with you Toni. You are right on IMO. Geesh I suck at posting :disapp:
as for the 'divorce', I've no idea what you're talking about, so I can't comment.
Wow, I am surprised, but as it really shouldn't effect the "Biz of Diz" then it really isn't surprising for it wont change anything for the company except someone will want to by Patrica's shares.
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/biz-fallout-from-roy-disneys-divorce/

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
none of the Disney cirlces I frequent have talked about it, and they're normally up to date.

I would assume that IF they do/did actually split (in hollywood it doesn't seem to make a difference if you file for marriage or divorce, they'll still live and act as they please) that it wouldn't change much. Roy hasn't had a lot of power for a while now, so I don't see it being a problem. For senimental reasons alone I doubt she'd try to do anything stupid with her share, if her share includes the Disney stuff at all... she could just go for money ;)

but again, even with TMZ.com's mention in this apparent blog, the author is merely speculating. And the media has been practically mum about it, so it's obviously not that big a deal if it's truly happening.

I just hope he doesn't plan on buying back in.
This was what I was responding to when it comes to Eisner and his chance to get back into power within the company. He can try all he wants, but I highly doubt he will be allowed to take charge ever again. They're just now bouncing back from the mid-late 90s.

now if only they'd quit hiking up their park prices I'd be a happy girl lol

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
IF they do/did actually split

There is no doubt about it. That was just the first article / blog or otherwise that came up in a search for your reference. The papers have been viewed by the public - I have seen them too - and this is not a speculation. But as we both are saying - you of course doing a better job then I :yes: - to the acutely Disney empire, it is not going to matter.:agree:

And quit spelling Izners name correctly,:p he does not deserve it.:laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Just because he mismanaged the Disney company when he was in charge, it wasn't because he wasn't trying to be successful. He was pushing the company to be something new and fresh thinking he had to compete with Universal and DreamWorks... it failed, but that was just because he wasn't right in going about it.

With the new management they are going back to the drawing board, litterally, and now DreamWorks is under new management. It all goes in cycles. Fans need to realize that. YES I can't stand what Eisner did, and he was never a favorite of mine, but I still want to at least give him enough respect to spell his name right.

It's a pet peeve of mine about the Disney fandom. Yeah, he almost destroyed the company [as we know it], but Roy Disney was the one who gave him the go ahead to begin with. Roy noticed his mistake only too late.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I am "kinda" joking about Eisner - "kinda."

The divorce papers state "irreconcilable differences" and after 50 plus years, it leaves me thinking WHAT? How long has this been transpiring and what is the point? I know that is likely the most common reason, but if that is the reason how could getting a divorce after 50 years really make a difference? Just get different houses. Or is a quarter of a billion dollars the real reason?

And in acknowledging Uncle Roy, it wasn't Roy's dream to begin with anyway, so really he is still a great guy. Not that it would have been any different, Walt didn't see some of the issues that D Land had to start, and could anyone have anticipated those problems at the first theme park? I think it would have been wonderful for Walt to even just see D Word come together.

The direction of Diz I think "sounds" great to me for the simple fact (yes I love "the Steves") Jobs is in there. And if that guy can harness "The Woz" and all the issues with others trying to put "i" in front of their new products (I mean come on people, like the iLife and such theme really doesn't belong to the creators of it, rip off artists trying to cash in on what Apple started AGAIN IMO) he can handle Disney's issues well too.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I might be naive, but I don't think that Eisner did a bad job per se, I just felt he was trying to push the company into the future by diversifying assets vs. resting on the Disney name... as for Roy, my opinion of him continues to be that he was only upset because his dividends weren't producing record yields anymore... But whatever... when the company was profitable, Mike was the savior when the stock declined (along with everything else in the dot com bust...) he was the anti-Christ... such is big business. Ala Steven Jobs.

I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Eisner once and I found him to be a brillant visionary and an extremely strong leader. I sold my Disney stock the day he stepped down as the big boss...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
My biggest issue with him is he fired over 200 animators to make way for computer artists... and those movies sucked (Pixar is a seperate entity... that merger was good for Disney, but Pixar wanted out and still wants out in a bad way!)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
That makes sense and I know for true Disney people, the move to CG didn't really work... I've never been sure why Disney couldn't make the jump - but I've always believed that once the focus became on how the movies were made to what the movies were about - the quality went down & fast... The last really really good movie was The Lion King and that was eons ago... (sorry, but Finding Nemo bored me to death...)

I also could never understand why Disney couldn't make the jump to the internet... That was sad.

But one thing I loved about Eisner was his ability to make a decision and move it forward... he has an innovative spirit that simply fits into the whole Disney legacy of pushing the envelope vs. Roy who always seems to forget that Walt was an innovator and the company's success relied on that innovation. He just whines & whines & whines and it causes me to lose patience with his arguement.

I will say however, that working in the Magic Kingdom was the WORST experience of my life... working for the rat...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no it'd be more like Donald and Daisy as we're talking Roy and his wife, not Walt and his... ;)

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Eisner made me a great deal of money for many years. For this, I thank him. However, the last few years, he stopped doing that. I voted my shares with savedisney.com not out of any love for Disney-nostalgia but because I want the maximum possible return on my investment. We didn't oust him at once, but he's gone now.

As for Roy, I don't think he has enough shares anymore for this to mean anything drastic, and he's not the face of the company so I don't see any kind of investor confidence fallout. I know I don't care what he does. I don't care what sort of products they put out, for that matter, so long as they make money. And up their cheapskate dividends. 34% growth over fiscal year 2006 is good. Let's share the wealth a bit, hmkay?