Article on "Next Generation" of US Ladies | Golden Skate

Article on "Next Generation" of US Ladies

Great story and I like their picks.

Although I'm still waiting to see what the big deal is about Flatt. Jumps alone don't cut it for me.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I didn't know Rachael lives in Colorado. I wonder if I saw ....?????? Great, now I am going to have a "home team" bias.;) :laugh:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I didn't know Rachael lives in Colorado. I wonder if I saw ....?????? Great, now I am going to have a "home team" bias.;) :laugh:

Being from Del Mar, she's kind of a "local girl" here, too, which I did not know.

I don't know; there's nothing wrong with having this much young talent, but I kind of miss the days when there were only 1 or 2 "Rising Star/Next Big Thing"s per season -- what are we up to now this year, about 319?? And I don't mean to inject a note of pessimism here -- just realism -- when I ask, and how many of these young ladies are still going to be competing in 4 years??

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Being from Del Mar, she's kind of a "local girl" here, too, which I did not know.

I don't know; there's nothing wrong with having this much young talent, but I kind of miss the days when there were only 1 or 2 "Rising Star/Next Big Thing"s per season -- what are we up to now this year, about 319?? And I don't mean to inject a note of pessimism here -- just realism -- when I ask, and how many of these young ladies are still going to be competing in 4 years??

Well she sounds like she is loyal to Del Mar. Give her some time, she'll get Chief Niwot's curse and fall for Colorado.;) :laugh: If I win the Lotto and put up the 5 rink Ice Skating community in the mountains like I want to, they'll all have a place to come and train for free!

No Doubt, it is so hard to keep track, have favorites and such. The mind spins with all the youngsters that have bright futures as well as SO MANY I love to see skate.

Abbott has posted here I believe;) for I remember giving out a cheer his way. But I still have not see "them" skate. I 'spose I should be more diligent and go look on YouTube.:agree:

Last edited:

Nigel

On the Ice
Well she sounds like she is loyal to Del Mar. Give her some time, she'll get Chief Niwot's curse and fall for Colorado.;) :laugh: If I win the Lotto and put up the 5 rink Ice Skating community in the mountains like I want to, they'll all have a place to come and train for free!

No Doubt, it is so hard to keep track, have favorites and such. The mind spins with all the youngsters that have bright futures as well as SO MANY I love to see skate.

Abbott has posted here I believe;) for I remember giving out a cheer his way. But I still have not see "them" skate. I 'spose I should be more diligent and go look on YouTube.:agree:

Way too Funny...as Flatt lived in Niwot, CO (about 2 1/2 yrs) and made the commute to Colorado Springs before moving to the World Arena a few years ago. IIRC...reading the San Diego UT paper... I think her parents relocated from Del Mar, CA where Flatt was born to Niwot, CO for jobs and eventually then to the Springs to cut down on the miles!!!