is this better? | Golden Skate

is this better?

• Thread starter HamiltonBrowningFan
  • Start date
K

KwanFan1212

Re: is this better?

That's cool Toni! :D I loved that show. I wish I had cable so I could see it again sometime. Good quote! :D

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

did you see the reunion on FOX last summer???? I recorded it...

who were your fav characters?

I love Radar, Hawkeye, BJ, Trapper, Col. Potter, Col. Henry Blake, Father Mulcahey(sp), Clinger... the shrink

and my favorite scenes are any that involve the characters getting the upperhand of FRANK :p :lol:

J

Joesitz

HBF - It is one of my all time favorites, and one of the best anti-war films. Thanks. - Joe

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

it's not from the movie(that has a lot of stuff in it that just is :eek: :x ) it's from the first year of the TV show... yeah a little anti-war, but I love the antics! :lol:

Alan Alda really knew how to bring a character to life

and Jamie Farr(Clinger)... and Gary Burghoff(Walter "Radar" O'Reily) they were great too

and all of the ones that I really only know them as their screen name... because even now when they're on TV I think of their roles :)

J

Joesitz

HBF - If you haven't seen the movie, by all means, see the original that started the whole thing. Robert Altman is a genious for getting cinema verite on the screen.

BTW, and news of Steven returning to SOI? He skated so well in that last show I saw on TV.

Joe

M

Mathman3

In the movie, Trapper John was the main guy. Then when it came to TV, Alan Alda's Hawkeye stole the show and the Trapper character faded out.

My favorite was Klinger. The actor (Jamie Farr) really is from Toledo and is a big fan of the Toledo Mud Hens minor league baseball team, just like the character. Farr is also known for his work in several charities.

BTW, Toni, if you want to read a good book that is sort of like MASH, but about World War Two, try Catch 22 by Joseph Heller. This book is so famous that the phase "that's a catch 22" has come into the language to mean a situation where you're darned if you do and you're darned if you don't.

The original Catch 22 went like this. The main character was like Klinger. He wanted to get out of the army by pretending he was crazy. But to get out, he had to apply for a discharge on the grounds of mental instability.

But the catch was, if you had it together enough to fill out the papers -- you weren't crazy!

Mathman

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

I won't be seeing the MASH movie.... I've seen and heard enough to know that I won't want to... nudity is not my thing

Steven is ready and raring to skate in CSOI he even skated in the Studz portion of SOI ... I have a photo to prove it :D