Ladies Free Start order | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Start order

flying camel

Medalist
Alissa skates first and BeBe skates last. Wasn't it that way last year?

Starting Order StN. Name Current Rank Points

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Megan Williams-Stewart 17 44.95
2 Ambar Kaiser 21 37.95
3 Taylor Firth 19 43.25
4 Angie Lien 18 44.72
5 Megan Hyatt 20 43.11

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Becky Hughes 13 46.72
7 Kylie Gleason 15 46.04
8 Margaret Wang 16 45.00
9 Erin Reed 14 46.53
10 Megan Oster 12 46.73

Warm-Up Group 3
11 Christine Zukowski 7 54.30
12 Melissa Bulanhagui 8 52.64
13 Michelle Boulos 11 48.08
14 Danielle Kahle 10 48.21
15 Juliana Cannarozzo 9 49.93

Warm-Up Group 4
16 Alissa Czisny 5 58.15
17 Rachael Flatt 6 56.51
18 Katy Taylor 4 58.72
19 Kimmie Meissner 1 65.69
20 Emily Hughes 3 62.32
21 Bebe Liang 2 62.66

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ooh, Kimmie's before Emily...they seem to really want to give it to Kim. Not sure Em can handle the pressure should Kim throw it down.

It's a random draw in each group, right? I don't think "they" cheat and say, heh heh, let's put Emily after Kimmie to make her more nervous, heh heh.

There were some really fine efforts by skaters not in the top group. I liked Becky Hughes and Danielle Kahle. I wonder how many skaters they will show. I thought ESPN did a great job of showing lots of skaters live last night (albeit at the expense of not covering the men's competition).

I think Alissa has the best possible draw for her -- first. Go out and skate instead of sitting around all evening dreading hearing your name called.

flying camel

Medalist
Oh Danielle was great. Too bad about the flip. Maybe she can move up some. I know she wanted to be in the final group. But she looked so much better then last year.

With Bebe going last, if she brings the same energy to the free skate that she did to the short, this could be a barn burner! :rock:

(I love seeing Bebe's coach's reaction when she skates well.)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
With Bebe going last, if she brings the same energy to the free skate that she did to the short, this could be a barn burner! :rock:

(I love seeing Bebe's coach's reaction when she skates well.)

Ken Congemi is one of my favorite coaches simply because you can tell he love it when his skaters do well! He is also supportive when they have rough programs too and I always enjoyed watching him coach. I hope he gets to coach someone at 4CC so I can see that again! :yes:

GO BEBE!!! She has an awesome opportunity here and I hope she can take hold of it!! :clap:

number9dream

Rinkside
I would absolutely love to see an upset in the ladies because everyone says Kimmie already has it won. C'mon goilz, tear that ice up!!

Although...I think Kimmie is still in the driver's seat. The technical content of her LP (7 triples including a 3/3) puts her ahead of everyone else except possibly Rachael. Add that to her cushion from the short and I don't think anyone else can catch her it she skates reasonably cleanly. Only Alissa can top her significantly in PCSs if everyone skates her best.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's a random draw in each group, right? I don't think "they" cheat and say, heh heh, let's put Emily after Kimmie to make her more nervous, heh heh.

it is, and they skater is teh one who draws

IDLERACER

Medalist
How much do you wanna bet that ABC is only gonna show group 4? If I know them, they'll probably show three performances per hour + tons of fluff pieces.

R.D.

Record Breaker
but notice there's supposed to be a repeat soon on ESPN that has the freeskate listed for THREE hours? Hmm...

I think the odds favor Kimmie increasing her lead, rather than someone else overtaking her with a super skate. Among the skaters that are chasing her there were several clean or almost clean programs in the short. But the long really puts a premium on jump consistency under pressure (not to mention the conditioning and fatigue factor).

Let's say you can land 80% of your jumps and jump combinations under competition conditions. In the short program this gives you a 51.2% chance of being successful on all three of your jumping passes.

For the seven jumping passes in the long program, the probability falls to only 21% (20.97152%, actually, LOL). So we would expect that half of the skaters in the SP will skate cleanly (which is about what happened). But only one in five will be able to duplicate that feat in the long.

So which one will it be, among Kimmie, Bebe, Emily, Katy, Alissa (or Rachael)?

My silly predictions: First Group - Megan Hyatt. Second Group - Megan Oster. Third Group - Christine Zukowski. Fourth Group - Kimmie but I'm not totally sure of this.

Joe