Exhibitions | Golden Skate

Exhibitions

lutzskate

On the Ice
Wow! Langlois and Hay - what an enchanting performance, and I do mean "performance" - they didn't just skate, they _performed_. Great music choice!

I continue to be so impressed with Weaver and Poje, especially considering they've only been together for 5 MONTHS! Talk about a pair that was meant to be!

Kinda shocked at Mira's skate. I actually felt badly for her. Very uncharacteristic for her to fall so much (or at all). I think she should take some styling tips from Bebe Liang in the States.

I'm bored with Marcoux and Buntin's "Big Spender" return. It's been over-done. I wonder why they didn't choreograph a new show program. That was a really neat story though, about Craig finding a 5 yen coin though, while on his 8 hour bike ride, and Val calling him right at that moment! Pretty cool.

Emanuel's skate gave me shivers. He was mesmerizing! Why can't he skate that kind of program in competition?! I think that might be the key for him - to return to his comfort zone, ballet. Did you see his face in response to the audience's reaction? He was overwhelmed with emotion, and it was the look in his eyes that I haven't seen for years. He was genuinely happy and grateful for their love and recognition. It was so nice to see him get joy from skating again. I wish he would create a long program to Ave Maria and allow himself to just go on auto-pilot and "feel" the music like that. Wow. That's the best I've seen him skate in years. So natural. He was the old Eman and showed his pure skating skills - line, clean, deep edges and effortless jumps.

Love Chris Mabee's skate too - such fun! ;)

Virtue and Moir's Tennessee Waltz - Wow. Spectacular. So gentle and loving, so effortless. If they're not top ten in the world this year, there's a problem.

Joannie certainly proved why she is the Ladies' Champion. She truly is in a different league than everyone else here. Beautiful, powerful and effortless triple jumps - 5 of them! and spins in spotlight. She just went out and skated it and, to use Tracy Wilson's words, she was "exquisite" and didn't over-think it. That's what she needs to do in competition. Maybe she should skate in spotlight all the time.

Dube and Davison and Dubreil and Lauzon are both awesome. Loved both ladies' dresses, so pretty.

The 5 seconds they showed of Bourne and Kraatz's induction into the Hall of Fame made me cry! I so wished they had shown more.

Last edited:

PAskate

On the Ice
Emanuel's skate gave me shivers. He was mesmerizing! Why can't he skate that kind of program in competition?! I think that might be the key for him - to return to his comfort zone, ballet. Did you see his face in response to the audience's reaction? He was overwhelmed with emotion, and it was the look in his eyes that I haven't seen for years. He was genuinely happy and grateful for their love and recognition. It was so nice to see him get joy from skating again. I wish he would create a long program to Ave Maria and allow himself to just go on auto-pilot and "feel" the music like that. Wow. That's the best I've seen him skate in years. So natural. He was the old Eman and showed his pure skating skills - line, clean, deep edges and effortless jumps.

I was lucky enough to see it live and it just took my breath away. I truly felt that I was watching a ballet performed in skates. I could watch it over and over again and not get tired of it.

lutzskate

On the Ice
I was lucky enough to see it live and it just took my breath away. I truly felt that I was watching a ballet performed in skates. I could watch it over and over again and not get tired of it.

wow, lucky you! That would have been amazing. He really did cast a spell.

figuristka

Medalist
Has anyone found any links to any of the exhibiton skates on youtube especially Emanuel, Jeffrey and Joannie´s ? thanks