Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad move!!!!

Rinkside

Bad move!!!!

Ok...its the most fun week of the skating year (in my humble opinion) when we get to see new faces. That said, youth brings bad choices. WITHOUT naming names, I thought it would be fun IN A LIGHTHEARTED MANNER to name the moves we love to hate...bad choreography that makes us cringe!!

For me, my number one pet peeve is when someone pretends to play a musical instrument during their program...AAUGHHHH. My three year old does that when he hears music...it shouldnt be in a skating program!!!!

Banned
    I hate the "Touching my face makes me expressive and musical" thing that a number of skaters do. It looks stupid.

Ballroom Baby
    Two words: Fan Spiral. It's like "Hi! Here's my crotch! Like it?" Please, please, anything, even yanking the boot over the head using the blade, is better than that!

Medalist
    The signature Nikolai Morozov footwork where the skater stop at the end of the board, then s/he starts the footwork (of course includes plenty of toe picks). It worked for Alexei Yagudin, but enough is enough! Most of these skaters don't have control and speed that Yagudin had.

Change-of-edge spiral that many ladies attempt get me worried. Most of them have such wobbly edge that I'm afraid they will trip.

I also have strong dislike for excessive arm waving -some skaters wave their arms frantically, but if you look at carefully they're gliding on two feet. I don't like that.

One of the men-- I can't remember which-- kept pushing his hand up in front of his face, which at certain angles looked like he was wiping a runny nose.

I don't think we saw it this time, but I also hate "Egyptian hands".

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by julietvalcouer View Post
    Two words: Fan Spiral. It's like "Hi! Here's my crotch! Like it?" Please, please, anything, even yanking the boot over the head using the blade, is better than that!

THANK YOU!!! I have ALWAYS hated that move; I don't care WHO'S doing it.....

Quote Originally Posted by julietvalcouer View Post
    And did you see the state of them at Europeans? I hate the move at the best of times but atleast flexible skaters like Cohen and Arakawa got their free legs high and straight and pointed. Europeans looked awful - most of th eladies barely managing to get their feet above waist height and all looked like they were suffering from stomach cramps...ban them immediately.

Ant

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Exactly. If even the most graceful and elegant of the ladies look that tacky doing it, then what's the point?

Custom Title
    My first thought was FAN SPIRAL! And second was that annoying "halt-karate kick-continue" part of every FW section.

Down With It
    I never was a big fan of the Charlotte move. In fact, I'm still not.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    I'm still and never will be a fan of the doughnut spin. It really looks like a dog chasing its tail!

Custom Title
    This thread made me laugh!

I don't like the move a lot of guys do - it's a spin where they hold their leg up in front of them, but usually have a fairly deep knee bend on the spinning leg and just basically look as if the leg they are holding is really, really heavy.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    This thread made me laugh!

I don't like the move a lot of guys do - it's a spin where they hold their leg up in front of them, but usually have a fairly deep knee bend on the spinning leg and just basically look as if the leg they are holding is really, really heavy.
    How about this one? LOL

Custom Title
    Yea, the Fan Spiral has got to go. Do you get a lot of points for doing it? I hope some people who made it to TV got a look at themselves. It wasn't pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by legup View Post
    For me, my number one pet peeve is when someone pretends to play a musical instrument during their program...AAUGHHHH. My three year old does that when he hears music...it shouldnt be in a skating program!!!!
    Probably the only one I agree with - or will. If I didn't know any better (thank goodness I do some) I would start wondering about some of you. A visit to Freud's office for "Hang-ups" - and to think some think / say that of me

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not to mention what is in thoughts.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast