Michelle Boulos' -- Coach?? | Golden Skate

Michelle Boulos' -- Coach??

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Does anyone have any idea who was sitting with Michelle Boulos in Kiss N Cry after her program? (This is for those who were able to see it; I understand in certain areas she wasn't shown.)

The main reason I'm curious is because he had rather a punk-rock 'do going on and I was a little amazed that someone with hair like that would be walking around in Kiss N Cry at the oh-so-staid National Championships.... :laugh: :laugh:

-------

"Well, it is a pleasure to finally meet you as I have heard so much about you and I would also like to take this opportunity to compliment you on the boldness of your hair style." -- Diane Ladd, "Grace Under Fire" :laugh:

Zanzibar

Final Flight
When I interviewed Konstantin Kostin last year (coaches at a Boston area arena), he said that Michelle Boulos was his top skater.

He's in his 30's - blondish - Russian. Not positive if he is still her coach and didn't see the broadcast. Hope that helps.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Does anyone have any idea who was sitting with Michelle Boulos in Kiss N Cry after her program?
Josh Figurido. He last competed at Nationals in 2001 and placed 14th in senior men (I liked his skating). Boulos' primary coach was listed in the 2007 Nationals program book as Lisa Coppola, along with Figurido, but Coppola was unable to be in Spokane. Boulos used to be coached by the Scotvolds before they retired, and she was coached in her senior debut at 2006 Nationals by Konstantin Kostin.

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Josh Figurido. He last competed at Nationals in 2001 and placed 14th in senior men (I liked his skating). Boulos' primary coach was listed in the 2007 Nationals program book as Lisa Coppola, along with Figurido, but Coppola was unable to be in Spokane. Boulos used to be coached by the Scotvolds before they retired, and she was coached in her senior debut at 2006 Nationals by Konstantin Kostin.

AH!! OK!! Thanks for the info!:agree:

I remember the name, tho never saw Figurido skate. The only info I could come up with before I posted this thread was that she was coached by Evy Scotvold, and I KNEW that wasn't Evy Scotvold!!! :rofl: [Extreme Makeover: Skating Coach Edition....:laugh: ]