Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Poor Music Choices

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar

Poor Music Choices

You know y'all have some that you can recall!

Marina Kielmann (1993 FS) - Mexican Hat Dance/La Cucaracha
    Tonya Harding (1992 FS) - A friend of mine said the music sounded like music you'd hear on an X-rated movie
    ANY Skater (any year) - Tosca...too depressing! I feel like I need to see a counselor after watching ANY Tosca performance
    Maria Butyrskaya (2002 FS) - I don't remember the title, but it was so dissonant...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    Tonya Harding (1992 FS) - A friend of mine said the music sounded like music you'd hear on an X-rated movie

Custom Title
    Tosca IMO is one of the BEST music to choose. I still remember the beautiful program of Michelle Kwan.

For the worst... I have to think a little bit. There are some warhorses that I don't like, but I can't say that are a poor musical choice, because they are masterpieces. For example I don't like some parts of the Nutcracker and of the Swan Lake. But I think that these two warhorses are the best choices for a skating program. Great music.
    Last edited by gio; 01-29-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gio View Post
    here is the LP with the music =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyVthwD-kUs

Brian Joubert' wife (I wish...) _Ladybug_'s Avatar
    I think it depends on what fits the skater. The music Alban Preaubert uses is great for him but I don't see anyone else pulling it off. I can't imagine Brian Joubert skating to "The Swan" or Johnny Weir skating some samba music. Those would have been very bad choices.

Custom Title
    Bad music choices skaters have made:

Dubreuil/Lauzon - that awful, dreary heartbeat thing from 3-4 years ago. Terrible - it was practically a sleep aide.

Joannie Rochette: Madonna elevator "Like a Prayer" for her SP

Fumie Suguri: her music choice this season for her LP is really annoying - at least hearing it live is. Munchkin chanting - ugh.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. All from skaters I love, by the way. May add more as I think of them.

Diana Poth (1999 LP) - Black Velvet by Alannah Myles (instrumental of course)

Quote Originally Posted by rain View Post
    Fumie Suguri: her music choice this season for her LP is really annoying - at least hearing it live is. Munchkin chanting - ugh.
    I kinda liked it

OK, not mentioning names, but even is Dick Button doesn't realize it, a skater who uses music to a VERY popular commercial, in the country they a competing in for that National title is not a good choice. I was waiting for a orange box to come flying onto the ice and hit her in the head. Ooh hoo, oo oo hoo??? And she uses Vontage too! Why? I don't care who liked it, it is a very popular commercial for crying out loud!

Fabulous skate though, I enjoyed all but 2 things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    here is the LP with the music =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyVthwD-kUs
    I'm pretty sure that's the soundtrack to the Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchherder View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the soundtrack to the Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood.
    It is...in the opening. Then right after the first minute (or the triple axel attempt), the saxophone comes in...

If I never see anyone skate to "You Raise Me Up" again, I'll be okay.

I also don't like Denkova and Staviski's (sp?) "Seven Deadly Sins". The spoken-word part sounds like it should be in a video game like Bejeweled or Tekken 3.

A. Y. & E. P.: Tzars Of The Ice, Lords Of The Rink anya_angie's Avatar
    Saxophone in Kamen's Robin Hood? Nah... I don't think the sax part is Robin Hood, just not Kamen's style.

Quote Originally Posted by anya_angie View Post
    Saxophone in Kamen's Robin Hood? Nah... I don't think the sax part is Robin Hood, just not Kamen's style.
    No--she did the 80's style cuts with the different pieces/tempos. The opening is Robinhood...the second and third pieces sound like they came out of...movies that we do not mention here.

Ah, I didn't listen long enough...you're right! The lonely housewife invites the pizza delivery guy in about half way through the program. What strange two pieces to splice together!

Custom Title
    The music to Winkler and Lohse's "Energy" program. To say nothing of the costumes, hair, and makeup that went with it.

Unless, of course, you liked their jolly polka music even less.
    Last edited by scorekeeper; 01-29-2007 at 07:58 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast