Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: German Worlds Team

  1. #1
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    90

    0 Not allowed!

    German Worlds Team

    Germany is finally sending some skaters to Worlds who won't necessarily win. I think the new powers that be at the federation understand that experience is a good thing.

    Men: Stefan Lindemann
    Ladies: Kristin Wieczorek
    Pairs: Aliona Savchenko / Robin Szolkowy ; Mari-Doris Vartmann / Florian Just
    Dance: Nelli Zhiganshina / Alexander Gazsi

  2. #2
    Tripping on the Podium La Rhumba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    691
    Country: United Kingdom

    0 Not allowed!
    Oh, I'm sad the Beiers aren't ready to return.

  3. #3
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,756

    0 Not allowed!
    Interested to see how Savchenko and Szolkowy will factor in after their oh-so inflated scores at Europeans??????

  4. #4
    Tripping on the Podium La Rhumba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    691
    Country: United Kingdom

    0 Not allowed!
    They were fabulous in the LP, and could beat the Chinese IMO.

  5. #5
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,700

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by La Rhumba View Post
    They were fabulous in the LP, and could beat the Chinese IMO.
    ITA, and in person in the LP, they were the smoothest I've ever seen them.

    I'll be glad to see the downloads of Zhiganshina/Gazsi: she has such wonderful line.

  6. #6
    Spectator antmanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,852

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorGalaxia518 View Post
    Interested to see how Savchenko and Szolkowy will factor in after their oh-so inflated scores at Europeans??????
    Inflated??

    I don't have any idea why anyone would think their scores were inflated. Their Lp was amazing and the only problem with the SP was the throw triple flip.

    Ant

  7. #7
    GS Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,474

    0 Not allowed!
    I don't think S/S's scores were inflated at all. Their FS performance was one of the best Pairs performances I've seen. Shen Zhao are amazing, too, but they aren't quite keeping up with their music and their sbs spins are not as good as S/S's.

    No doubt in my mind: the Chinese will not sweep the podium this year. Two spots, yes, but not three. One is reserved (deservedly) for S/S.

  8. #8
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    14

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I don't think S/S's scores were inflated at all. Their FS performance was one of the best Pairs performances I've seen. Shen Zhao are amazing, too, but they aren't quite keeping up with their music and their sbs spins are not as good as S/S's.

    No doubt in my mind: the Chinese will not sweep the podium this year. Two spots, yes, but not three. One is reserved (deservedly) for S/S.

    I absolutely agree!!! The scores were well-deserved and I enjoyed every second of their fp to Morricone's Mission (even though the score to this movie is a bit overused ). I'm sure that they'll beat at least one Chinese pair!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •