Nervous!!!! | Golden Skate

Nervous!!!!

dutchherder

Final Flight
I just found out I'm a finalist for the Excellence in Teaching Award. I have to go for an interview next week. I am going to die in a paroxysm of anxiety. Help! (Why is there no "terrified" smiley?)

Hey, congratulations! You're already a winner for being nominated. And they're going to love the way you toss around those words like "paroxysm" (and can spell them, too). Just remember to breathe. And be sure to mention the rabbits! :p

dutchherder

Final Flight
Thanks! Usually the rabbit thing makes people think I'm a weirdo. They look at me strangely and say, "You show them? Do they do tricks?" :laugh:

Congratulations on this honor. You can get extra points by mentioning that you also teach at the Golden Skate Online School, as for instance on the grammar thread! :)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Congratulations, I hope you take it. You seem to have a great sense of humor too!

A suit with something to jazz it up - eg miniskirt, bright formfitting top, heels, rabbit pin, etc. But no fur - you might run into a PETA member! :p

Of course, I don't know you so my advice is completely worthless.... You should probably go exactly the way you go to school so they can see exactly who you really are. (At least that works in movies....)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Why am I picturing Mr Holland's Opus here?????

Yah, one of those Alli McBeal outfits:agree: ;)

dutchherder

Final Flight
Yeah, except Ally McBeal isn't 5'2" and plump with crazy naturally curly hair and disproportionately large feet. :laugh: I might be able to wear one of her skirts as an interesting headband...

Jhar55

Medalist
Yeah little black dress, blakc pumps string of pearls you hair in a updo you'll look super.

Binky30

Rinkside
I might be able to wear one of her skirts as an interesting headband...

:rofl: Love it! (probably because I could easily wear her jeans...cut off and sewed into a purse, that is!)

Congratulations on being a finalist, and good luck!