Czisny could be unbeatable | Golden Skate

Czisny could be unbeatable

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
In an article carrying this thread's title, Jo-Ann Barnas of the Detroit Free Press quotes Brian Boitano remarking, "I think she could be unbeatable," when speaking of Alissa Czisny, of the Detroit Skating Club.

Her article (available @ freep.com) references that Czisny sought Boitano's advice last week. After he watched her comeback in the free skate, he felt her competitiveness was confirmed.

Boitano remarked that some skaters are not ready to absorb advice from past champions, but that Czisny is a sponge, taking it all in.

Barnas confirms in this piece that Czisny has been signed to perform in 22 of the 23 Champions on Ice tour dates. The tour will commence shortly after the conclusion of the World Championships. Alissa's only absence on the tour will be the Detroit stop. She has a previous committment in Bowling Green, Ohio on that date.

Congrats Alissa and have a great time! :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

dutchherder

Final Flight
That's awesome! If she keeps getting advice from people like Kurt Browning and Brian Boitano, she'll be golden. :agree:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I hate it when they use the word "unbeatable". Of course she, like all her other competitors, is beatable. No one on the ladies' circuit has had consistently clean performances this year. At worlds it will be simply about who can stand up.

Still, it's an impressive comment, isn't it? Boitano should know what he's talking about. It seems to raise her to a higher level. I wonder if she will rise to the challenge.

But maybe he says that to all the girls?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, you know how it is. One good or promising performance and people jump on the bandwagon.

ANY of the top 5 skaters could be so-called "unbeatable"- IF they skate their ABSOLUTE best with NO mistakes whatsoever. How many times does that happen? To top it off it'll have to happen all the time. I just don't buy it, sorry.

eta: That said, there is something special about Alyssa that makes you pay attention to her when she's on. I hope she can somehow re-invent herself in terms of consistency and become a contender on the world level. Nice skater to watch when she's vertical :yes:

Last edited: