Kimmie in commercials! | Golden Skate

Kimmie in commercials!

Eeyora

Final Flight
In only one year after winning the World Championships she has managed to nab three endorsement deals. Good for her!

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'm not too surprised. The only major title she hasn't won now is the OGM (unless you count GP events :think: )

Kim was able to fly under the radar for most of her career up to this point. At this nationals it was the very first time she was a favorite. I think she'll get to fly under the radar somewhat in Tokyo but if she wins another world medal expect that to disappear. She's already had a fairly successful career but it remains to be seen whether she can extend that success or whether she'll simply be a "flash in the pan". Regardless, her name will be all over the place in Vancouver.

She's a pretty teenager and that helps, and since she's a known gold medalist, it's that not going to Disney Land thing.

Joe

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i think that i lot of us are jumping to the assumtion that she will have no injures and still be a healthy, talented skter in three years. A lot can happen. and it will.

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Yes, it's nice about Kimmie's success.

She's okay but I just can't get that excited about her skating. She's a good skater for sure. I just don't find anything special about her style.

I don't mean for this to be a bash in any way. She's a lovely young lady and a terrific role model for young girls.

Dizzy

eliza88

On the Ice
I like Kimmie and I couldn't be more pleased for her about these endorsments! I know not everyone is on the Kimmie bandwagon, but there are some things I would like to point out...look at how much she has improved over the last couple of years! She has worked very hard on improving her artistry and it shows...sure there is still room for improvement but the gal is on the right track! Everything I have read about Kimmie suggests that she is an extremely hard worker and has a good head on her shoulders...she has a very solid foundation and IMO she can only get better! I really enjoy watching her interviews...she just seems "real."

eliza88

PS. With World's in Tokyo the pressure will be on the Japanese girls and not the reigning World Champion...go Kimmie!

Penny

On the Ice
I just wish she would learn to talk and not just giggle and use the word "awesome" when interviewed (compare Kwan).

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Maybe she is not much of a "talker." Some people have a lot to say and other not so much.

And she has still not come out to say call me Kim, so she must still consider herself "growing -up."

Is it just me, or did she deliver her lines as well as Sasha or Tara's acting jobs, in a commercial none the less!:agree:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Nice MKM by Kimmie. Everyone may not like her skating style but she deserves these endorsements being World Champ and now National Champ. Good for her.

dizzydi7

On the Ice
If Kimmie had a more convincing win at Nationals perhaps people would be more on board with her. It was a very close competition and frankly, Kimmie's performance wasn't very impressive.

But......she is World champion and she is National Champion. It's important that she take these opportunities as they come. After all, she (by all reports) is a hard worker and she has earned the perks that come with her titles.

Dizzy

I am somewhat embarrassed to say that "MKM" is actually an official term on the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum). They have (I should say, we have), a ten-page thread every time Michelle is mentioned in passing in a newpaper or on TV. :)