New Surivior Show | Golden Skate

New Surivior Show

Jhar55

Medalist
The new surivior starts soon, from the preview on TV guide channel they had one girl quit before the show even started taping. There doing something little different this year the winning tribe gets luxury treatment, better sleeping and food from what I got. Hope they have some better challenges this time. Got little tired of all the puzzles last time around.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I read just the other day that they will be having an odd number of contestants this year (to start) because one woman, the night before it started, began having such serious major anxiety attacks that she had to pull out at the last minute.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
It also seems that from the advertisements that the loosing tribe gets a "punishment" of some type. And the whole winning tribe gets pampered like Fijians do, they will be happier then Any I have watched. Lucky them. I had to suffer though something FAR WORSE then any of them will, yet they don't even have to pay for it. Yah I'm jealous!

One thing I can say for sure I do not miss are the stupid food challenges. I don't like fear factor and don't like the food challenge at all. So far so good. Looking forward to the new season.

I don't think they will be showing the resort in Fiji where my ex and I were...well, maybe for the rewards? But it is a such relaxing place I wonder how they could even feel motivated... oh ya, a million reasons to get moving.:agree: But I would just run off and hide in the "brush" never to be seen again!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I read they are also going to have 2 immunity idols too. Whoever has them will be forced to use them this time around. In my spare time I have been organizing our Survivor game for work. It sure is a lot of work.

Dee

Jhar55

Medalist
Pamperd suriviors, 2 idols and having to use them, guess there having to do something to spice up the show it's starting to get little stale do the same old thing each season. Can't wait till it starts at least there will be something on to watch. Also Amazing Race statrs soon also it's going to be good the best of the top past racers. I am pulling for the Hippies they were lot of fun to watch :rofl:

I am anxiously looking forward to the premier tomorrow night!
I saw on the website that there was an uneven number of tribes people so wondered what was going on...
I do think they need to put some new twists in to keep it interesting, I just hope the twists aren't "hokey".

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw on the website that there was an uneven number of tribes people so wondered what was going on...

Hi NJSk8fan, welcome back!!! Anyhow, one of the survivors backed out at the last minute. They decided not to replace her.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Wasn't going to do this, but I am going to put my vote in for Stacy C. She my hometown girl. Don't ask, I wont tell.

The first episode has aired on the East Coast. I won't post any spoilers. But so far it seems like it's going to be a good installment of Survivor.
Thanks for the Welcome Back, Dee!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I really think this one has the potential to be one of the all-time greatest Survivor editions. Poor Sylvia is NOT going to be a happy lady when she comes back from Exile Island. (I didn't know sea snakes went on LAND like that! She handled that much better than I would have.)

My favorite so far is Erica; she's just cute. Love her voice; she reminds me of Erykah Badu, one of my favorite singers. Dreams (Dreamz?) has gotta go at first available opportunity. Rocky is going to be an absolute trip. (And how funny was Sylvia trying to tell him the meaning of "askew"?? Why didn't she just say it was CROOKED?? Because she's an architect, that's why!! After dealing with architects and engineers for 6 years at my old job, I can tell you first hand they have a serious problem with answering a simple question, or answering a question simply.....)

And WHO is coming up with these challenges? Pretty soon they're gonna get so long and convoluted they're going to have to run an extra hour of the show just for them to get through THAT. OK, you run over here then you gather this then you assemble that then you go over here with that then you drop that then you pick this up then you move over here then you switch sides then you spin around 4 times then you switch places with your teammate then you pick that up then you put that together then you cut this and then you set fire to that.... I'd CONSTANTLY be having to have him repeat the instructions; Jeff would just wanna slap me.... :laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JonnyCoop said:
Dreams (Dreamz?) has gotta go at first available opportunity.
No, no, no. Although I even think he's annoying, I picked him in our game at work. I would be shocked though if he gets near the end.
JonnyCoop said:
I'd CONSTANTLY be having to have him repeat the instructions; Jeff would just wanna slap me....
I know what you mean, I don't understand sometimes until they do it!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I just hope Sylvia doesn't get a big head and get herself into trouble.

I really like the people, the guys look big and strong. I especially like Alex. :love: :love:

Dee

"I really think this one has the potential to be one of the all-time greatest Survivor editions."
I agree!

" Poor Sylvia is NOT going to be a happy lady when she comes back from Exile Island. (I didn't know sea snakes went on LAND like that! She handled that much better than I would have.)"
I agree she won't be happy. I no sooner got the question out of my mouth to my DH, "those snakes won't go up that tower thing will they", and the camera zoomed in on one up there in the tower. EEEWWW, I couldn't deal with THAT at all!
"Dreams (Dreamz?) has gotta go at first available opportunity."
I agree! He doesn't seem to know how to turn the cheerleader in him off.

(And how funny was Sylvia trying to tell him the meaning of "askew"?? Why didn't she just say it was CROOKED?? Because she's an architect, that's why!!
LOL, I thought the same thing...I knew what askew meant, but that other word she used woulda had me scratching my head!

And WHO is coming up with these challenges?
I'm glad the challenges are changing, but you're right...I'd be the same way, standing there looking at Jeff saying "huh? give me a cue card with instructions!"

For some reason, I'm thinking that the challenge winners are going to go to the "cushy" camp and the losers will go to the beach, thus, changing who is in what camp each week......could be totally wrong but it would be a cool twist.

Jhar55

Medalist
I liked last nights show, looks like the way Sylvia split up the team just might backfire on her, looked like to me she tried to put divid up to whom she thought would do the best at challenges and the group I called misfits came out on top.
There's not enough money that CBS/Surivior could pay me to be put on tha island with all those snakes, they give me the creeps just seeing them on TV.
That's why I'd never want to be on the show snakes, rats. An extra hour added to the show would be just fine with me.

heyang

Record Breaker
And how funny was Sylvia trying to tell him the meaning of "askew"?? Why didn't she just say it was CROOKED??

I thought it was funny that she used 'orthogonal' as her 1st explanation. I only understood because I know what Askew means and then she added the bit about right angles.

I liked Yao. He knows who he is and will use his strengths to his benefit.

I heard a radio interview with Jeff Probst on Monday. He said to watch Yao and Rocky. Well, he said he found them to be the most interesting.

Dreamz had better learn when he's annoying people. I think most people don't appreciate someone blabbing away when everyone's trying to decompress and sleep. It'll probably get worse as people get more tired.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Well, the old principle of If Men Are Assertive, They're Take Charge Guys, If Women Are Assertive, They're B*****s, definitely seems to play out on this show a lot, and not just this edition. A MAN on this show who is genuinely overbearing and bosses everyone around is seen as some sort of glorious leader, often goes far, and occasionally wins. A WOMAN on this show says something along the line of "Um, can maybe we move that a little further away from the fire?" and next thing you know the whole tribe is going off about what a pushy obnoxious ***** she is and how she's gotta go. It's happened before. It's like "Yeah, yeah, sweetheart, just sit down there and look cute in your little tube top and don't bug us, OK?" Sylvia, you're in big trouble.

And how funny is it that Boo, Mr "Accident Prone" is a CONSTRUCTION WORKER?? I wonder how many A-frames he's managed to nailgun himself to back home.......

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Totally agree with your comments JonnyCoop. My female boss said the Ravu tribe is really dumb. They want to take out people that could prove valuable later on. They want to take out Sylvia but leave Boo---Ok that makes sense!!!

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I can't believe she didn't find it!?????? And what was she telling them when she was sitting there digging? Was her digging not "orthogonal"?? LOL

Now are they all going to start digging the entrance to the cave away 'til they find it? They plan on winning immunity so IF they do they need to find it before they leave. ANd the fact there are more then a couple of tribe memmbers who must have caught on to something. But Wait, I am talking about Ravu.:rofl: Yau might pick up on it.

Michelle's comment when submitting Sylvia's name was odd. For if she doesn't give the immunity idol BEFORE the votes are read, how is that going to force her to use it? Isn't it kinda funny that Michelle voted out Kwan?

Would have loved to see Anthony go and Hope Papa Smerf pulls thru!!!

BTW STACY ROCKS!!!!!!:rock:

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't it kinda funny that Michelle voted out Kwan?

Hope Papa Smerf pulls thru!!!
Sean, I was wondering too if Math was going to make a comment along those lines. He must be sleeping!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Here is a comment from CBS site about next week.

One Survivor's deteriorating health becomes a major problem, causing the medical team to arrive. Can this Survivor recover and continue in the game or will their tribe be forced to continue on without them?

Dee