New Surivior Show | Page 10 | Golden Skate

New Surivior Show

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This episode kind of made me nervous. Sean, you'll be happy to know that Stacy was her usual self.

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
Yep - it made me nervous, too. However, it was much ado over nothing.

I don't know why Alex believed that he should be kept around. He's pretty naive if he believes that the 'alliance' doesn't know that they will be fighting amongst themselves. There was not way they were going to keep him around to the end and it wasn't worth the risk that he might win immunity & end up staying. They had to vote him off - otherwise, he would argue in the finals that the managed to outlast in a hostile environement, yada, yada.

Jhar55

Medalist
until the vote cam I really thought Alex talked them into voting out Yao-man.
But I think they are going to force him to use it next week. Even though Boo
has 2 clues to where the other idol is hidden don't think he'll find it. Yao-man will follow him around and figure it out and have 2 idols :biggrin:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jhar55, Earl has 2 clues too. I think Earl will find the idol but will he let anyone know, that is the question for me. I found it interesting how much power Cassandra has. Stacy being her usual self was trying to get in good with Alex...ha, ha, Alex told her to get lost.

I really thought Alex talked Cassandra into voting Yau-man.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
:clap: Yah, now Alex - see what you get when you go through an old mans stuff, then try and blackmail him? Karma lesson 101, now you know what it is.

Now it is time for Cass to go. Yes my fear is the vote for Yau next week and he will pull the II and they will all vote for Stacy, but it seems like stacy is a good one to take to the final 3 IMO (regardless of my hometown bias) she is the one that people know they have the best chance of beating for the final vote. No shock there.

Sean, you'll be happy to know that Stacy was her usual self.
Please explain.

She got a little offended that they were bossing her around when talking to Alex. Like what diff does it make, and has anyone ever been bossed around like that? I would be defensive to. Granted how decorous she was about it? ... whatever. Jerks, that Earl is starting to get a little bossy IMO. Every time she tries to play the game someone is treating her like a "little girl." I almost would say that is probably the case from when all these guys first met up before even being sent to the islands. I will venture to guess that Earl and Cass both gave Stacy the cold shoulder BEFORE day one and she was black listed the very moment she arrived on the "set." Earl and Cass are both passive aggressive and I HATE those qualities. People like that always seem so wonderful at first and then you get to know them and they turn out to be self-righteous.

I have lived / do live with these types, and I am always fooled by this at first, it creeps up slowly and then you see it. But if I "gave" to Stacy, Cass and Earl, Stacy would be the ONLY one I think that would give back WITH NO STRINGS ATTACHED. No one has given her a chance, even before the film was rolling IMO (accept Lisi who likely received the same reception - "last picked for teams"). Honestly I think I have been where she is, and it takes more than 39 days to try and get people to see who you really are. And can see why she has almost given up at the beginning. Have got to give her "props" for even trying now. I bet many others would have just thrown in the towel, she is toughing it out. I like her yes I do!!!!!!:p

But I still think an apology would be nice, but with the narrow minded attitudes of the other players about her from the get-go, I bett she knows it will just backfire and not be taken with sincerity.

I would like to see gone,
Cass
Earl
Boo

Yau never got busted for his "Immunity Decoy" so he will get the votes.
Dreamz is a good story of "a new beginning."
So someone taking Stacy is just a wise move - as I have said before at least to the final 3 - if trying to win the jury votes. I think she has played a good game for her abilities. Even if some of what she played was luck. I haven't seen her back stab to the degree of others, etc... Just that silly coffee thing that some just are holding a grudge.:p

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Posted by Dee4707 said:
Sean, you'll be happy to know that Stacy was her usual self.

Seanibu said:
Please explain.

Sean, Stacy will switch sides/backstab, and cut throat to only better herself and that's OK if you like that type of person. I guess I don't think that Cassandra and Earl are passive/agressive at all. I think Earl is one cool guy. He doesn't get frazzled easily and look at all the power Cassandra has for doing nothing. I think the future episodes are going to get down right dirty. I don't think Cassandra will turn her back on Dre and I don't think Earl will turn his back on Yau-Man. I already can't wait for next weeks episode.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Sean, Stacy will switch sides/backstab, and cut throat to only better herself and that's OK if you like that type of person.
I don't see that at all, just trying to get better knowlge IMO when talking to Alex, and switching sides (everyone has wavered that fence, everyone) is not the same as back stabbing.
I guess I don't think that Cassandra and Earl are passive/agressive at all. I think Earl is one cool guy. He doesn't get frazzled easily and look at all the power Cassandra has for doing nothing.
The games nature will define everyone to be that way at a point in the game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive-aggressive
I see it because my dad is, My ex was / is etc..., I have been as well guilty of exhibiting these behaviours when my back is against the wall, and most on survivor are in the situation that brings it out. Stacy I have not seen this present in, but she has exsibited the behaviors twice - once last night, but Earls actions in demanding that Boo go get her... blaa blaaa, that is classic example. Earl and Cass I believe had these attributes prior to the show, I see it coming out in Dre, but it is lightly more justified for the position he is in and the unique social structure he is new to.

Cass is a player, she will back stab in a second, Earl might feel bad about it, but it wouldn't stop him from being that way.

The only one I can say has been even remotely back stabbed by Stacy is Lisi. Otherwise it is that alliances have changed and simply in her best interest. I have not heard her say "they think I am going to..." and then she does something different. No one cares about Stacy enough to give her the opportunity to back stab. Michelle back stabbed Stacy, but no one has a qualm with that. ????

I am just surprised at the grudge and hypocrisy concerning peoples views on Stacy. :biggrin: IT IS JUST A GAME, so not that serious;) :bow: , but it concerns me how people are saying it is OK for others to do something, but when Stacy does it (like her persona or not) it is a "sin." It sounds more like justifying dislike for her than it does a fair analysis of her behavior in comparison to others.

Jhar55

Medalist
Yes Earl has 2 clues but will he be able to get off by himself to look for it?
I was just thinking that if Yao sees him looking around he might figure it out without a clue and fine the other idol.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes Earl has 2 clues but will he be able to get off by himself to look for it?
I was just thinking that if Yao sees him looking around he might figure it out without a clue and fine the other idol.
Good point Jhar.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
why is it that Jeff says, "if anyone has the immunity Idol and wants to play it, NOW's the time." TWICE???? Once before the votes and then AFTER??? Not sure why that is going on. Either before is the time or after is. Which is it???/

Jhar55

Medalist
wouldn't make since to play the idol before voting, but since they already know who has it Yao could use it to force them to change a vote if he has wind there going to vote him out. sometimes jeff just doens't make since on what he's saying.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I agree, but wonder why would he say before the vote and then after the vote "nows the time?" Jeffy!!!!!

And if it gets played after, would they re-vote or would they read the names and discount any for the player of the immunity Idol? 6 votes for Yau-man and 2 for Cassandra, but Yau played the immunity after the vote so Cass goes? So odd.???

Jhar55

Medalist
I think if the idol is played and the person holding the idol is being voted out his votes don't5 count and the other person with the most votes is out.
example: they vote for Yao-man and Earl i'ts sorry Earl your gone even if Earl only got 1 vote. BUT if they give up the idol before the vote they can't vote out the person giving up the idol. That's how I understand it.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They have to declare having the idol before the Votes Are Read, not before people vote.
That's how I understand it too. That's why they split the vote the previous week between Mookie and Alex. One would go even if they had found the other idol.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This was a very interesting episode. I won't comment until people have watched the show.

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
OK, I'm going to need some sort of summary, because due to a power outage I missed the whole thing.

My main question is, what was the "historic moment"?? It showed Jeff saying "You're the first person in Survivor history......" To????

It probably WAS an interesting episode, if I had to miss it. I ALWAYS miss the good stuff.... :laugh: :laugh:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
This was a very interesting episode.
ITA, odd it might be one of my favorites.:scratch: I thought when Yau was on the ballance beams (did'ya see how good Stacy did on them?;) ) he was failing on purpose, then he goes and wins. (did'ya see how bad Stacy could throw.:laugh: ).

Well Jeff didn't say it twice ("nows the time to play it") so now I feel like I might be losing my mind:cool:

But Yau with the "vibe" plays:bow: all "night." But now the biggest target IMO. Sweet, but something he didn't want anyway, uses it as "heartfelt gesture" is a great move theoretically, but I wonder if the next 2 votes will see him in it anyway. Brave or desperate? I would have thought a good idea would have been to offer it to "whoever" won the next 2 immunities he would trade the keys for the neckless to the frist winner of the 2 IIs to want to trade. He gave a truck away without guarantee of return on his investment? Or even increase the chances of gaining some return for it. At the same time he is making sure he will be the last person they want to try and win the juries vote over? Now he is "idol-less" at 5. Neat "Hallmark moment" but is it going to pay off this game?? or if they have another "Favorite Idol contestant" contest like Rupert won?

I wonder if you can sell the truck ...or if they have the taxes waved??? Dreamz will soon have a lot of money to pay on that truck. I am thinking it might be best if he gives it back???? Plus the "car curse" - Yau-man gave a curse or does Yau still keep the curse????? I'd give it back if I were Dreamz;) I don't think I would have taken it.

She took it well didn't she;) :laugh: I got the feeling when watching her throw the Axes she would get it, but was thinking, Yau is now likely to go before 4, so she has a chance.....ah well. I liked her "learned a lot" comment, also the remarks made during the school handout. I bett the show will bring out the best in her and for her future. And I think she got the whole way without being deceitful.:biggrin:

I think they let Ford devise that last challenge, or they had requirements for how the truck was incorporated. Pretty wimpy on the spoiling of the contestants for reward. Nice experience, but it seemed like work for them rather than being pampered at a spa or something.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
My main question is, what was the "historic moment"?? It showed Jeff saying "You're the first person in Survivor history......" To????
Yau gave away the car (too Dreamz) and voted himself to Castaway Island.
It probably WAS an interesting episode, if I had to miss it. I ALWAYS miss the good stuff.... :laugh: :laugh:

Stacy is gone. Boo won Immunity again. Yau was forced to use the Idol, and he needed to.

Last edited: