New Surivior Show | Page 3 | Golden Skate

New Surivior Show

heyang

Record Breaker
I agree with the clothes but as we all know they don't get to bring a change of clothes. Can they layer their clothes befor the game starts? example underwear, swimsuite onver that, pair of shorts and tee-**** over that then pair of long pants and warmer top over that.

I think they have one or 2 changes of clothes. Otherwise, their clothing would be totally tattered after 40 days and they'd have to use the body blurr always.

I'm surprised that more women don't bring a sportsbra. THey aren't the most comfortable, but having them bounce around during challenges isn't that comfy either. Anyway, they could just wear them during the challenges. I've also noticed that most women are wearing non-athletic bikini's which provide no support.

On top of all that, they are losing weight and clothes will become baggier as the weeks pass. So, more things will start to hang out.

It seems they must at least be allowed to wear layers. the girls aren't ALWAYS in swimsuits, they have shorts and shirts over them. I've never paid close enough attention to see just how many different things the tribes member have worn, though.

And Heyang, you are SO right about the swimming. And also, the folks who look totally shocked that they are going to have to eat something disgusting--this is more so on Fear Factor than Survivor recently, but still. More than once during Survivor or Fear Factor, I utter "don't these people ever watch the show, they should know what goes on"!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
No doubt, if you can't swim what are you doing on Survivor.

And attire, why every girl isn't in a sports bra and a pair of "shorts style" bottoms is beyond me. Guys without tie-offs on their swim trunks??? Or do they know how to tie them???

R.D.

Record Breaker
On top of all that, they are losing weight and clothes will become baggier as the weeks pass. So, more things will start to hang out.

Doubt the MOTO tribe is losing any :rofl:

I will *never* understand people who come on Survivor and don't know how to swim. I mean, you're near WATER for crying out loud- even if you don't know how at the time you sign up for the show, you LEARN how to do it so at least you can stay afloat.

Same with people coming on the Amazing Race not knowing how to drive a standard-transmission car- knowing that you'll likely be driving in foreign countries where that's all they have...or coming on fear factor being scared of bugs, not knowing how to swim/tread water, the list goes on...

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I didn't know you were watching RD?

I have forgotten to say STACY ROCKS the last few post so....<:rock:

And even her attire seems to be fitting of the circumstances. I think she looks great in the bikini she has chosen and it is more athletically suited for the show. Something like Stacy's yellow bikini or the Tankini style really is the only clothing that seems to make sense for the show on ladies. A cotton top is just stupid IMO. Even at night when it gets cold, cotton is the last thing you want. next to your skin - dry time. ???

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope the Ravu (sp??) tribe gets a win in tonight. Maybe they'll send some Moto people to the tribe if they don't get a win.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Moto didn't win the Immunity what would they have done if Ravu won....regarding the bottle??

Can someone tell me what the snake was regurgitating or what was it doing???

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
If Moto didn't win the Immunity what would they have done if Ravu won....regarding the bottle??

Maybe they would've had to choose between going to Moto's camp & having to vote someone off or stay at their own camp and keep immunity. That was essentially the wording of the bottle - immunity or comfort.

I thought it was foolish for them to give up immunity. With the loss of Papa Smurf and then having to vote someone else off, the tribes are even again. If Ravu starts to win, Moto will go to the merge with fewer people than Ravu.

Anthony was very lucky. I'm pretty sure he would have been voted off since he signficantly played a role in them losing the reward challenge. However, he definitely didn't have anything to do with their losing the immunity challenge. I think they were just too weak to be at full strength.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
If Ravu would have won I bet they would have said "yes, we'll take the camp and vote off another." :laugh:

I think at this point they are fairly certain of which team is going to win the challenges. I was shocked how close Ravu came.

There is a new Stacy fan out there as of last night. As we were sitting in Boulder watching, and he is a single guy, it was no surprise he likes her (also Michelle and Rita but Boulder girl of course is going to be the fave:rock: ). She is really cool IMO anyway and outside of being really short legged, she has been playing well and hope she makes the final 4 at the very least.

No shock with Pappa Smerf. Feel bad for him, but something is up. Honestly though I believe it is nutrition and hydration along with that fall on the slip and slide that made him want to leave more then he needed to leave. He was mentally out of it after they returned from the food challenge.

Now Rita???? Give away your top to get stretched out even more, and then have a spare in the same fashion but even more so reveling for there is no hem on the bottom of this one... what was she thinking. I guess she is more interested in a web page and a Maxum shoot then having dignity. Now I must admit yellow is my favorite color and my eyes don't mind, but my brain just says "naughty mommy."

Rocky was being a little kid about the Anthony thing, but I agree with his sentiment. Anthony is worthless IMO.

Dreamz seems like he is headed for a target once the merge happens.

Last edited:
Re: Papa Smurf--was wondering if all those "bites" are really hives and he's having some sort of allergic reaction. I noticed no explanation of what was wrong with him was given, just that he was evacuated for medical reasons and would not return.

The "keep your camp and go to tribal council" twist was unexpected! I don't know why they chose to go to tribal coundil, though....nor do I understand why they voted Lilianna off. She may be a threat when it gets down to individual immunity but right now I think they need her strength and should have kept her.

My DH and I want to know what that snake was doing, too!:unsure:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know why they chose to go to tribal coundil, though....nor do I understand why they voted Lilianna off. She may be a threat when it gets down to individual immunity but right now I think they need her strength and should have kept her.

My DH and I want to know what that snake was doing, too!:unsure:
I think Lisi was feeling jealous over Liliana. Edgardo & Alex voted for Liliana and they were the ones saying they should keep her. I think Lisi is a trouble maker.

One of the guys at work said he thought the snake was shedding it's skin. YIKES!!!! who knows???? Do we have an UGH emotican????

Dee

I guess the snake could've been shedding it's skin....it just looked so "unreal"! We see the snake skins shed by black snakes around here all the time, but I've never seen one in the process of shedding before.

Jhar55

Medalist
I couldn't belive they wanted to go to tribal, but then they keep their food and comfy camp. I was hoping after the orange team lost they would get rid of Rocky after the fit he threw it's time for him to go.
Papa Smufs bites did look like hives and haven't really noticed any of the others with bug bites. And it was odd they didn't tell why he left they usally do.

heyang

Record Breaker
I read somewhere on the internet that Papa Smurf's symptoms were a result of an allergic reaction to the bug bites. Once they got some antihistimines in him, he started to feel better.

That makes sense, Heyang. I know with an allergic bad enough you can start having trouble breathing...and if your brain isn't getting enough oxygen, you can get disoriented. I sure hope he's okay cause he seemed like a nice man.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Glad to hear he might be feeling better.

I did however THINK that they would inform and subsequently provide the right forms of medication / shots before embarking into the jungle. So that never really crossed my mind.

heyang

Record Breaker
In the interview, Papa Smurf said he had never had the same reaction to bug bites before. It's hard to determine what a person will react to in a new environment - therefore, difficult to determine what shots should be rquired beforehand. I'm sure they've had injections for malaria and other standard tropical type diseases.

I was just going to post that I watched Papa Smurf's interview on-line and he said how it was an allergic reaction to the bug bites. Who knows, it could've been a combination of things causing him to have such an allergic reaction.

Allergies are tricky, and scary....I suddenly became allergic to ingredients in antibiotics and am now afraid to take any, and I'm also allergic to almonds. A friend of mine is allergic to a lot of things, but not bad enough for them to make her ill alone, but when she combines things, she cam get seriously ill. They can't pin-point what combinations could be really bad or even fatal for her, so she now carries one of those injection pens, which also scares her because of the side effects that can happen from it!

heyang

Record Breaker
Yes, allergies are scary things and the degree of reaction can change over time. In the fortunate cases, they appear to go away. My uncle used to be able to eat crab and then he started getting a itchy feeling after eating them. He tried again a couple of years later and almost passed out on the way to the hospital - still dont' understand why he didnt' wake my aunt to drive him. Now, he won't touch anything that has crab even touching it.

My cousin's younger son is allergic to peanuts and soy products. They've managed to avoid peanuts - so, they don't know how severe his allergy is - although his cousin is very much allergic and has had to be rushed to the hospital at least 3 times. The soy allergy is worse. Soy is in just about everything in some form. He was having an allergic reaction to something. So, my cousin gave him benadryl strips since he was refusing to chew the chewables. His rash got worse and worse. She finally read the ingredients on the strips and discovered that they contained soy. So, now, she only uses the pills or liquid forms.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
It's hard to determine what a person will react to in a new environment - therefore, difficult to determine what shots should be rquired beforehand.

Good point:agree: Glad to know he should be OK.

eta...GO STACY!!!!!!

Last edited: