Awww! Tanith and Evan on People.com | Golden Skate

Awww! Tanith and Evan on People.com

R.D.

Record Breaker
Kinda surprised People would even care given they're figure skaters, but yeah, they were made for each other :p

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
That's just sooo sweet and adorable. So sweet I feel myself developing diabetes at this very moment.:rolleye:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
You're serious? :rofl:

I am! :) it was in their page of mini-photos for a 'hot "celeb" from each state' (they used an Alaskan that I don't think even ALASKA knew we had lol) and IIRC Johnny was Connecticut

it happens every four years, at least one skater gets mentioned in the beautiful people editions (that's what it was, not sexiest men it was the most beautiful people)

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
Yep, it's true. They had a mini little pic of him under the state of Delaware. But, it was a bad pic.:laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Was it Delaware? I couldn't remember... I do remember it being a really BAD photo lol more like something you'd expect on a driver's license or something :p

IDLERACER

Medalist
I don't recall them ever making this much of a ta-do when he and Jenny Kirk were an item, but I guess that's because neither one of them had won any significant medals at the time. Click HERE.

ae9177

On the Ice
OMG, this is the cutest article ever! You've got to love them, both Tanith and Evan seem to be very sweet, down-to-earth, fun and adorable persons, not to mention they're so young, gorgeous and successful. I wish this relationship could have a very happy ending. And I wanna see both of them win world champion and Olympic champion as Tanith wished. Go Tanith, Go Evan! :clap:

Jhar55

Medalist
I don't buy the magazine but my niece get's it so I emailed her to save it for me.
Most long distance romances don't last long and I hope Evan doesn't leave Frank moves to Detroit just to date Tanith.

anya_angie

Final Flight
I sadly wouldn't hold my breath about this, according to a former training mate of Evan's. But I don't gossip and it isn't my place... I wouldn't be surprised at all if this doesn't last, given the circumstances he broke up with Jenny Kirk awhile back.

heyang

Record Breaker
They are both still very young and the next 3 years will be long since they both have further Olympic aspirations. Although it might last, we shouldn't expect it to due to their youth, the long distance and their training needs. Just let them enjoy it whether it lasts another month or 50+ years.

BTW, Kitty Caruthers and Scott Hamilton dated back in 1984. Each are now happily married to other people and remain friends.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
BTW, Kitty Caruthers and Scott Hamilton dated back in 1984. Each are now happily married to other people and remain friends.

according to his book long distances were what ended that relationship too...

R.D.

Record Breaker
I sadly wouldn't hold my breath about this, according to a former training mate of Evan's. But I don't gossip and it isn't my place... I wouldn't be surprised at all if this doesn't last, given the circumstances he broke up with Jenny Kirk awhile back.

Honestly, how many of these high-profile relationships actually last?? :rofl:

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Honestly, how many of these high-profile relationships actually last?? :rofl:

People.com notwithstanding, I don't think that Tanith and Evan are exactly "high profile". Or, if they are "high profile", what do you call Jolie/Pitt or Britney/K-Fed?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well maybe I should have said "public". Of course I'm not comparing it to the big celebrity tabloid ones but you know what I mean

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
They are both still very young and the next 3 years will be long since they both have further Olympic aspirations. Although it might last, we shouldn't expect it to due to their youth, the long distance and their training needs. Just let them enjoy it whether it lasts another month or 50+ years.

Yeah, this may not last etc, but at that age you are intersting in having fun. They love to hang out and it's great that they have somebody rooting for eachother like that. It only makes skating all the more fun. Especilly when you got a friend to act silly with on tour! lol! wish them the best!!!!!!:love: