Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tiffany Stiegler

Custom Title

Tiffany Stiegler

Does anyone know if Tiffany Stiegler is still skating? I noticed that she and her partner Sergei Magerovsky weren't at Nationals this year. Any info appreciated.

It's old news that Tiffany moved on and I don't know what happened to her partner. For me, it was too bad because I liked them more than the others who were battling it out for 3rd place.

Joe

Custom Title
    That's too bad. I thought they had so much potential!

Has Tiffany quit skating altogether?

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    I can't remember where I heard this, but I believe I read somewhere that she was in southern California and involved with ballroom dancing. Or maybe I've been day-dreaming again!

Medalist
    If you've been day dreaming, so have I! There was a lengthy thread a while ago on another board talking about her ballroom dancing. I'd like to see her; I'm sure she'd be good. Too bad she couldn't find the right partner on the ice.

On the Ice
    Is she the one who used to train in El Segundo California with Irina Rodnina?
    She skated with her brother, right? I remember they (if I am remembering) the right skaters) used to fight tons.

Custom Title
    Tiffany Stiegler was a beautiful, stunning pairs skater who simply needed a strong, smoth male partner to achieve elite greatness in the sport. I still believe that to this day. She had incredible flexibility, wonderful presentation skills, and rock-solid surefootedness. She could have become the equal of Ekaterina Gordeeva if she had had a partner with the skills of Sergei Grinkov or Arthur Dimitriev.

Or - if she had taken up singles skating, she would have been one of the most beautiful skaters in history.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post
    Does anyone know if Tiffany Stiegler is still skating? I noticed that she and her partner Sergei Magerovsky weren't at Nationals this year. Any info appreciated.
    Just prior to Nationals, Linda S. sent me an e-mail which said Tiffany is still looking for a partner and would like to skate next season. But I also got the impression the search is not going well at this point. So don't write her off just yet, the post-nationals change you're partners has yet to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoo View Post
    Is she the one who used to train in El Segundo California with Irina Rodnina?
    She skated with her brother, right? I remember they (if I am remembering) the right skaters) used to fight tons.
    Fight tons? Not that I recall. (And sad to say, I am now so old, I have known the Stieglers since since she was in diapers.)
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 02-06-2007 at 02:25 AM.

Custom Title
    And what happened to Sergei Magerovsky--did he quit skating?

I have to agree with the poster who compared Tiffany to Ekaterina Gordeeva. Tiffany always reminded me a great deal of Katia, in regard to her build, artistry, and charisma. Once, John Powers of The New York Times described Katia as having "a quality that forces all eyes on her." Tiffany had that same type of charisma and star power, just waiting to be shown off by the right partner.

Ballroom Baby
    Over at fsuniverse, the thread indicated she's taken up competitive ballroom (pro/am? Professional? Don't know.) Rumor was her partner was Dmitri from "So You Think You Can Dance", who's apparently broken up his professional partnership. Don't know if they're competing yet or in what style/divison. I could ask around at my studio and see if anyone's heard anything.

[CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by hyoo View Post
    Is she the one who used to train in El Segundo California with Irina Rodnina? She skated with her brother, right? I remember they (if I am remembering) the right skaters) used to fight tons.
    When she skated with her brother, she used to train at the same rink in Huntington Beach that Sasha Cohen, Naomi Nari-Nam and Angela Nikodinov used to practice at. She started training at the Healthsouth Center in El Segundo when she hooked up with Burt Cording, who also worked as a coach over there.[/CENTER]

rink in Huntington Beach
    There's a rink in Huntington Beach?

[CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by dlkksk8fan View Post
    There's a rink in Huntington Beach?
    Skate Zone
    16091 Gothard Street
    Huntington Beach, CA
    [/CENTER]

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post
    And what happened to Sergei Magerovsky--did he quit skating?

I have to agree with the poster who compared Tiffany to Ekaterina Gordeeva. Tiffany always reminded me a great deal of Katia, in regard to her build, artistry, and charisma. Once, John Powers of The New York Times described Katia as having "a quality that forces all eyes on her." Tiffany had that same type of charisma and star power, just waiting to be shown off by the right partner.
    My understanding is that SM quit in August after the couple was not given an International assignment. (John Powers writes for the Boston Globe.)

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gsrossano View Post
    My understanding is that SM quit in August after the couple was not given an International assignment. (John Powers writes for the Boston Globe.)
    She should find:

Dance:
    Justin Pekarek
    David Mitchell

Pairs:
    Lucash
    Andreev (of course if she asked for his myspace, I could just give it to her since he's on my friends list )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast