Tiffany Stiegler | Golden Skate

Tiffany Stiegler

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Does anyone know if Tiffany Stiegler is still skating? I noticed that she and her partner Sergei Magerovsky weren't at Nationals this year. Any info appreciated.

It's old news that Tiffany moved on and I don't know what happened to her partner. For me, it was too bad because I liked them more than the others who were battling it out for 3rd place.

Joe

nymkfan51

Medalist
I can't remember where I heard this, but I believe I read somewhere that she was in southern California and involved with ballroom dancing. Or maybe I've been day-dreaming again! :rofl:

scs

Rinkside
If you've been day dreaming, so have I! There was a lengthy thread a while ago on another board talking about her ballroom dancing. I'd like to see her; I'm sure she'd be good. Too bad she couldn't find the right partner on the ice.

hyoo

Rinkside
Is she the one who used to train in El Segundo California with Irina Rodnina?
She skated with her brother, right? I remember they (if I am remembering) the right skaters) used to fight tons.

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
Tiffany Stiegler was a beautiful, stunning pairs skater who simply needed a strong, smoth male partner to achieve elite greatness in the sport. I still believe that to this day. She had incredible flexibility, wonderful presentation skills, and rock-solid surefootedness. She could have become the equal of Ekaterina Gordeeva if she had had a partner with the skills of Sergei Grinkov or Arthur Dimitriev.

Or - if she had taken up singles skating, she would have been one of the most beautiful skaters in history.

gsrossano

Final Flight
Does anyone know if Tiffany Stiegler is still skating? I noticed that she and her partner Sergei Magerovsky weren't at Nationals this year. Any info appreciated.

Just prior to Nationals, Linda S. sent me an e-mail which said Tiffany is still looking for a partner and would like to skate next season. But I also got the impression the search is not going well at this point. So don't write her off just yet, the post-nationals change you're partners has yet to begin.

Is she the one who used to train in El Segundo California with Irina Rodnina?
She skated with her brother, right? I remember they (if I am remembering) the right skaters) used to fight tons.

Fight tons? Not that I recall. (And sad to say, I am now so old, I have known the Stieglers since since she was in diapers.)

Last edited by a moderator:

clairecloutier

Final Flight
And what happened to Sergei Magerovsky--did he quit skating?

I have to agree with the poster who compared Tiffany to Ekaterina Gordeeva. Tiffany always reminded me a great deal of Katia, in regard to her build, artistry, and charisma. Once, John Powers of The New York Times described Katia as having "a quality that forces all eyes on her." Tiffany had that same type of charisma and star power, just waiting to be shown off by the right partner.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Over at fsuniverse, the thread indicated she's taken up competitive ballroom (pro/am? Professional? Don't know.) Rumor was her partner was Dmitri from "So You Think You Can Dance", who's apparently broken up his professional partnership. Don't know if they're competing yet or in what style/divison. I could ask around at my studio and see if anyone's heard anything.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Is she the one who used to train in El Segundo California with Irina Rodnina? She skated with her brother, right? I remember they (if I am remembering) the right skaters) used to fight tons.
When she skated with her brother, she used to train at the same rink in Huntington Beach that Sasha Cohen, Naomi Nari-Nam and Angela Nikodinov used to practice at. She started training at the Healthsouth Center in El Segundo when she hooked up with Burt Cording, who also worked as a coach over there.

gsrossano

Final Flight
And what happened to Sergei Magerovsky--did he quit skating?

I have to agree with the poster who compared Tiffany to Ekaterina Gordeeva. Tiffany always reminded me a great deal of Katia, in regard to her build, artistry, and charisma. Once, John Powers of The New York Times described Katia as having "a quality that forces all eyes on her." Tiffany had that same type of charisma and star power, just waiting to be shown off by the right partner.

My understanding is that SM quit in August after the couple was not given an International assignment. (John Powers writes for the Boston Globe.)

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
My understanding is that SM quit in August after the couple was not given an International assignment. (John Powers writes for the Boston Globe.)

She should find:

Dance:
Justin Pekarek
David Mitchell

Pairs:
Lucash
Andreev (of course if she asked for his myspace, I could just give it to her since he's on my friends list :rofl: )

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
She should find:

Dance:
Justin Pekarek
David Mitchell

Pairs:
Lucash
Andreev (of course if she asked for his myspace, I could just give it to her since he's on my friends list :rofl: )

or Dance: Ryan O'Meara

Maribelle

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Tiffany was so fun to watch

I remember when she was skating with her brother, they were very exciting and I was happy to see her skating again in the ice dance. I wish she would stay in skating!