Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alissa Czisny: Audrey Hepburn on Ice

Alissa Czisny: Audrey Hepburn on Ice

Sabrina is perfect for her, she really reminds me of Audrey Hepburn on ice! She is so exquisite!

Dick called her one of the most exquisite skaters of all time! WOW

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Doesn't remind me of AH, but that's a GOOD thing. (She's not painfully skinny and mannered like AH.) She and her spins and line are just beautiful, and her smile is the kind that total strangers fall in love with. (She smiles with her eyes.)
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 02-05-2007 at 04:51 PM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Alissa is a lovely skater and Sabrina is a beautiful program for her. She does possess Audrey's classy qualities and that hushed elegance when she enters the room. She captures the innocene and the charm of the charachter very well. Very nice dress too, athough i always have the feeling it is about to fall down. ?

I think that type of music suites Alissa very well and she is a beautiful skater.

I think of her looks as more like Patricial Neal. Maybe her personality too.

Joe

Brian Joubert' wife (I wish...) _Ladybug_'s Avatar
    She is beautiful to watch. I hope she can get her act together and rise on the rankings. How old is she?

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I think of her looks as more like Patricial Neal. Maybe her personality too.

Joe
    Really? Patricia's a very slow speaker. I do love Patricia Neal, but I don't see the similarities, except maybe the dark hair.

Quote Originally Posted by CzarinaAnya View Post
    Really? Patricia's a very slow speaker. I do love Patricia Neal, but I don't see the similarities, except maybe the dark hair.
    Patricia Neal suffered a stroke. Check her out on google. There is one pic of her wearing a picture hat from The Fountainhead (1949)

(I'm computer incompetent.)

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ladybug_ View Post
    She is beautiful to watch. I hope she can get her act together and rise on the rankings. How old is she?
    Lovely Alissa will be 20 on June 25!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmuzzy View Post
    Lovely Alissa will be 20 on June 25!
    And she has a twin sister!!! Yay!

Down With It
    Apparently she'll be in COI this summer. I'd rather see her in shows- one just cringes when she skates in competition...when she sets up for a jump, especially. I don't care if she wins any medals.

Custom Title

Alissa

Alissa is a lovely skater. She presents the very essence of ladies figureskating--elegance, musiciality and style. If she were to become more consistent, she would definitely be a contender for the top.

What really makes Alissa stand out is her competitors lack of these qualities. Both Kimmie and Emily (although I like both) are more athletic and have not developed a distinct style. Kimmie has improved this year and is making an effort to improve her artistic elements but it doesn't come naturally. Although I love Emily's delight and joy of skating, she is not a light, graceful skater.

It all comes down to the style of skating one prefers.

Dizzy

Custom Title
    Alissa is the only one who makes me still interested in the US ladies skating (in senior level). She will never surpass Sasha Cohen, but she is the best in the current US field.

Actually, IMO she does surpass Sasha in one way. Sasha rarely looked like she was enjoying herself, especially if she made mistakes. Even when Alissa makes mistakes, she still looks like she loves skating. Of course, this is entirely subjective on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Check her out on google. There is one pic of her wearing a picture hat from The Fountainhead (1949)
    Here's Patricia

http://italy.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1...hint=tt0041386

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast