Alissa Czisny: Audrey Hepburn on Ice | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny: Audrey Hepburn on Ice

christinaskater

Medalist
Sabrina is perfect for her, she really reminds me of Audrey Hepburn on ice! She is so exquisite!

Dick called her one of the most exquisite skaters of all time! WOW

Doesn't remind me of AH, but that's a GOOD thing. (She's not painfully skinny and mannered like AH.) She and her spins and line are just beautiful, and her smile is the kind that total strangers fall in love with. (She smiles with her eyes.)

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Alissa is a lovely skater and Sabrina is a beautiful program for her. She does possess Audrey's classy qualities and that hushed elegance when she enters the room. She captures the innocene and the charm of the charachter very well. Very nice dress too, athough i always have the feeling it is about to fall down. ?

Jhar55

Medalist
I think that type of music suites Alissa very well and she is a beautiful skater.

_Ladybug_

On the Ice
She is beautiful to watch. I hope she can get her act together and rise on the rankings. How old is she?

Really? Patricia's a very slow speaker. I do love Patricia Neal, but I don't see the similarities, except maybe the dark hair.
Patricia Neal suffered a stroke. Check her out on google. There is one pic of her wearing a picture hat from The Fountainhead (1949)

(I'm computer incompetent.)

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Apparently she'll be in COI this summer. :agree: I'd rather see her in shows- one just cringes when she skates in competition...when she sets up for a jump, especially. I don't care if she wins any medals.

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Alissa

Alissa is a lovely skater. She presents the very essence of ladies figureskating--elegance, musiciality and style. If she were to become more consistent, she would definitely be a contender for the top.

What really makes Alissa stand out is her competitors lack of these qualities. Both Kimmie and Emily (although I like both) are more athletic and have not developed a distinct style. Kimmie has improved this year and is making an effort to improve her artistic elements but it doesn't come naturally. Although I love Emily's delight and joy of skating, she is not a light, graceful skater.

It all comes down to the style of skating one prefers.

Dizzy

jennylovskt

Medalist
Alissa is the only one who makes me still interested in the US ladies skating (in senior level). She will never surpass Sasha Cohen, but she is the best in the current US field.

dutchherder

Final Flight
Actually, IMO she does surpass Sasha in one way. Sasha rarely looked like she was enjoying herself, especially if she made mistakes. Even when Alissa makes mistakes, she still looks like she loves skating. Of course, this is entirely subjective on my part.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Actually, IMO she does surpass Sasha in one way. Sasha rarely looked like she was enjoying herself, especially if she made mistakes. Even when Alissa makes mistakes, she still looks like she loves skating. Of course, this is entirely subjective on my part.

I partially agree...Alyssa's smile seems genuine unlike Cohen's.

R.D.

Record Breaker
that's why I said I PARTIALLY agree...no one can be happy after a bad performance.