USFSA Message Boards?????....................... | Golden Skate

USFSA Message Boards?????.......................

smaac

Spectator
................anyone know what up with the message boards over at the official site.They have been down for days, and I don't remember any sort of notice that they would be down.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I've wondered about that myself. I read somewhere that the USFSA board got hacked, but I'm not sure if this is true or not.

Geesesk8

On the Ice
I've been unable to get into USFS's Discussion Boards since January 28th, the Sunday following US Nats. I wrote to them twice. First response was, ".....something is majorly wrong. It's being looked at." A few days later when I asked if they had a target date for restoration, response was, "No timeframe whatsoever."

I cannot imagine they would do any kind of planned update to the boards during this most important time in figure skating's calendar, so it must be something else. I wish they would give some kind of an update on their home page.

Maribelle

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Something strange with USFSA boards

I was wondering why they had shut it down for so long. I am thinking they might shut it down because there were a lot of negative discussions going on that pertained to the nationals, such as John Baldwin's strange mugging incident in Russia. Maybe USFSA took the boards down because they are getting sued?

mskater93

Record Breaker
There was some weird stuff happening the Sunday of Nationals. When I logged in to the USFS discussion board, it attempted to download something to my laptop (which my laptop rejected as a virus).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
from what I've heard on other boards and sites is that there was a hacking incident. I have no idea if this is true, but reading some of the posts on this thread make it sound to be.

then again it could be that they were unable to control what was being said on the boards and decided to take it all down until they thought everyone would have calmed down. who knows. hope it's back up soon for those that like to post there!

Sylvia

Record Breaker
In a nutshell -- The USFS board has died. They're hoping to get a new one up soon. No idea when yet.

megsk8z

On the Ice
I talked to Laura and she said the board had a "Fatal Error" and it will be some time before it's back up, and will probably have to come back as a new board entirely. For those of you who visit regularly, let's all blame Paris Hilton.

megsk8z

On the Ice
Laura says around March 1st. I'd suggest a forum more like this one with the interesting topics getting posted back to the top. If anyone has suggestions, now is the time.

kendall

Match Penalty
:rofl: hahaha, I think u rite. Let's all blame Paris Hilton. After her farewell, the board is shut down. However, we had a very good battle agaisnt her though. So, I think it's right to blame on her Lmao.

ArwenIcePrincess

Rinkside
:rofl:

I think you've got something there, blaming Ms. Hilton... hopefully her exit will stay permanently- :eek: :unsure:

Maybe the new boards will let me post from home, too- I haven't been able to do that in ages...

R.D.

Record Breaker
I talked to Laura and she said the board had a "Fatal Error" and it will be some time before it's back up, and will probably have to come back as a new board entirely. For those of you who visit regularly, let's all blame Paris Hilton.

:rofl: sounds good to me!! :laugh: