Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Music This Season...

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar

Your Favorite Music This Season...

Out of all the programs floating around out there this season, which piece of music is your favorite so far?

My vote goes to Katie Taylor's LP music, Theme & Variations. I was SO excited when I heard it at Nationals. I'm a big fan of the Balanchine ballet, and during Katie's skate, I had visions of Gelsey Kirkland dancing through my head...wonderful!!

I also like the Aimele selections from Belbin & Agosto's FD, although I'm not so sure about the choregoraphy yet...

What piece of music really sends you so far this year?

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    ITA re: the Tschaikovsky - I love that ballet too and the music is just heartachingly beautiful. A marvelous choice by Katy and I hope she can skate up to it soon.

I also love S/Z's Meditation - that piece is beautiful and they own it, thanks to the perfect combo of sensitive choreography, technique and emotion. I wish Zhang had chosen a different LP because as exquisite as she is, she is not ready to compete with S/Z yet!

I want to be talk about some of the odder choices too but I'll respect the topic and save it.

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    ITA re: the Tschaikovsky - I love that ballet too and the music is just heartachingly beautiful. A marvelous choice by Katy and I hope she can skate up to it soon.

I also love S/Z's Meditation - that piece is beautiful and they own it, thanks to the perfect combo of sensitive choreography, technique and emotion. I wish Zhang had chosen a different LP because as exquisite as she is, she is not ready to compete with S/Z yet!

I want to be talk about some of the odder choices too but I'll respect the topic and save it.
    No problem. Let's talk about odd, too!

I felt like Rachael Flatt's LP music was an odd choice for her. Too grown up and sophisticated.

On the Ice
    I love Yu-Na Kim's LP to "The Lark Ascending". That's always been one of my favorite pieces of classical music, so it's wonderful to see it used for such a beautiful program.

Banned
    I love the music that Gregory & Petukhov are using for their FD this year. Its really different for them, unique and interesting and really lends itself to a creative program.

Custom Title
    Valse Tristese that Virtue/ Moir use for their FD is a favorite of mine. I love Rochette's Hendrix piece. Love Meissner's FS music.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Amelie medley~B&A

Adam & Eve~G&P

off topic
    But doesn't Katy have the cutest nose.

First thought that came to my mind was Gregory and Petukov's FD, Adam and Eve. It is glorious music and just builds all the way to the end. It works well for this team.

Also love Jeff's new LP music. It is interesting and he just is magic on the ice.

Arianne

On the Ice
    I love Mao Asada's SP Nocturne by Chopin. Glorious choice for her.

I wish her long program music was just a beat slower. I like Czardas as music for her, but I prefer a less frantic version.

Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    No problem. Let's talk about odd, too!

I felt like Rachael Flatt's LP music was an odd choice for her. Too grown up and sophisticated.
    Well - I was a bit taken aback by the music Abbott used in his SP. I don't remember what it was or who it was by, but it had no melody, just a beat that went on. And on. And on. And on. What was he thinking? Thank heavens he switched to Bach for the LP.

Wasn't Flatt's music Gershwin? I didn't care for it - not because it was too sophisticated, but because her choreography was sprinkled with lots of cutesy little moves that detracted from her skate, for me. I liked her a lot, though. Can't believe she's only 14.

I can't comment on Katy's nose, but I enjoyed her skating in the SP!

Custom Title
    I love Duke Ellington's "Caravan" that Bebe is using this year. Very exciting music that I've never heard in skating before.

The Lark Ascending is also one of my favorites this season.

Custom Title
    As music per se, so regardless of the skater

Amelie soundtrack
    Apocalyptica cellos
    Tango de Roxanne
    Whisper from the Mirror
    Prelude and Quadukka of Jesse Cook
    Nocturne by Secret Garden
    Last of the Mohicans soundtrack
    Concerto de Aranjuez
    Last edited by gio; 02-08-2007 at 04:46 AM.

Adam & Eve - G&P

More on Jeremy Abbott's odd music choice (presumably this is "Dead Already" from American Beauty... weird). I was watching while my bf was asleep. When it's turned up, you can hear there is a little something going on in the music. Nonetheless it is hypnotic. But he got a standing O, so he can obviously bring it to life!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeRPrmR6F3A

ETA: Maybe this was inspired by Stephanie Rosenthal?

Back to faves: I know somebody is threatening to commit murder if there is another "Mission" skate but I love this music when Savchenko/Szolkowy are skating to it. They own it now.
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 02-08-2007 at 01:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast