Original Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Original Dance

gkelly2

Rinkside
That's just plain daft! V&M's overall technical content is not on a par with any of the top 5 in Europe, so how can they win, however beautifully they skate atm?

I seriously wonder about some of the comments re the Dance in this forum.......

Well i am not comparing Euros with 4CC, from what i've seen V/M should have at least a little bit closer marks to the other two, whose performances were poor

That's just plain daft! V&M's overall technical content is not on a par with any of the top 5 in Europe, so how can they win, however beautifully they skate atm?

I seriously wonder about some of the comments re the Dance in this forum.......
I'm at a loss to read posters comparing scores from one championship to another and both with different judges. The scores of contestants should be compared with the list of contestants for that and only that competition - not with competitions of last week or two month or 3 years ago. The championship is in the NOW not the past.

Joe

gkelly2

Rinkside
I'm at a loss to read posters comparing scores from one championship to another and both with different judges. The scores of contestants should be compared with the list of contestants for that and only that competition - not with competitions of last week or two month or 3 years ago. The championship is in the NOW not the past.

Joe

Thats why my favorite OD was the one of V/M and D/W:clap: , the rest had very poor tangos:yes:

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
But Joe, it's really quite possible to compare the merits of a Tango OD from different competitions in one season - what has 3 years ago got to do with it? :confused:

When thinking about what may happen at Worlds, it's not unknown to speculate about the merits of the participant's relative routines.

gkelly2, you said this in the post I responded to:

The Canadian Fed. should put a lot of pressure and money so that these two could become world champions this year

My point being that if V&M skated out of their skin, and so did the top 3 from Europe, V&M's technical content in their individual elements, eg the diagonal step sequence does not match up to the technical content of the top Europeans, so how could they be politicked into winning Worlds this season? :confused:

Yes, certainly V&M's PCS scores should've been ahead of the top 2 at 4CCs yesterday.

If a Pair does a throw triple toe-loop, and another does a throw triple axel, which one gets the highest scores?

Ice Dance is not as politikal as you all believe, there are technical points to consider.

gkelly2

Rinkside
gkelly2, you said this in the post I responded to:

My point being that if V&M skated out of their skin, and so did the top 3 from Europe, V&M's technical content in their individual elements, eg the diagonal step sequence does not match up to the technical content of the top Europeans, so how could they be politicked into winning Worlds this season? :confused:

LOL i wasn't saying that for V/M!!!:rofl: but for D/L:bow:
I don't know how much political it is the figure skating, but surely the ice dancing has the greater room for backstage work:yes:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
So we've talking at cross purposes? :unsure:

It would help if D&L skated a clean comp from CD to FD.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Mind you V&M got a Level 4 for all their elements...? Could someone please explain how their diagonal step sequence gets a Level 4 in mostly Kilian hold? Great edges yes, but Kilian hold....? :confused: