Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Audiences at 4CC

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar

Audiences at 4CC

What's wrong?????? Three hundred for pairs SP and how many for men with these great international lineups and low ticket prices?

Apparently you are saying there should be 30,000. But fools like me who would love to be there have to draw the line somewhere on money and time. I'm not there because of personal matters and I'm already spending too much on Tokyo. Doesn't stop my interest in the outcome.

I also think S.African fans, Asian fans are conserving their funds for other reasons. That is except the families of the competing skaters.

Joe

A small but enthusiastic audience I noticed today for the OD.

ITA with Joe, finance and time and travel....it's hard......

What about the people who live there? Was this event well publicized? For U.S. Nationals, Spokane () turned out in such force that good audiences were guaranteed even if no one else came but the locals.

And I was amazed at how high the ticket prices were in Spokane, but clearly it didn't affect the attendance.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    What about the people who live there? Was this event well publicized? For U.S. Nationals, Spokane () turned out in such force that good audiences were guaranteed even if no one else came but the locals.
    Spokane should take over the USFS. I'm talking to you, Mathman!

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Well -- start time for Pairs Free Skate is 3:00 on a Thursday afternoon, not too long after a lot of people have used up personal and vacation time for the holidays, at a time when viewership in general is down. And the 4 Continents is rather the neglected stepchild of the major competitions, anyway. So I'm not TOO surprised, tho 300 IS a bit low. I should imagine it would pick up this weekend. For the sake of the skaters, I hope so. It must seem like a practice session in there.

No one has a clue here that it is going on unless you follow FS.

are you attending any events, Sean?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    are you attending any events, Sean?
    Sour spot, but Saturday is an intent. Surgery for Dad threw a $200 (FOR 10 LOUSY PILLS!!!!) wrench in my plans just prior to SOI - didn't go - and the 10th is Moms B-day. I tryed working something out with taking a Developmentally disabled group down but that did not aspire due to distance. If I can come up with 100 dollars free and clear - for a new battery, gas, ticket - and not feel to guilty for leaving mom on her b-day I will. This past year and a half has really sucked for me and freedom.

I am really pressing for you know who should be there (unless I missed something not reading up on results) so I am dyeing to go.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 02-08-2007 at 07:21 PM.

Aw, but you won't half miss your parents when they're gone, believe me.

Tripping on the Podium wxyz1234533's Avatar

Custom Title
    With as low as $5 a ticket, and even $1 as promotion price, I just don't think money is a factor. How I wish it's in Canada, even better in Toronto But I'm sure the tickets wouldn't go that low, at least $25 I guess

Custom Title
    No one can figure out the terrible turnout. It was publicised, and there was much better attendance last year, and for the Skate Americas, and GPF. So what's up this year??? Nobody knows. The OD audience was mostly school kids brought in. Kids under 13 are free, too. I have chatted with the few people sitting here in the arena and no one gets it. There are plenty of retired people to draw from in the Springs/Denver area, and even the evening session are pitiful. Can't balme USFSA though, they did try.

mylastduchess
    Quote Originally Posted by gsrossano View Post
    No one can figure out the terrible turnout. It was publicised, and there was much better attendance last year, and for the Skate Americas, and GPF. So what's up this year??? Nobody knows. The OD audience was mostly school kids brought in. Kids under 13 are free, too. I have chatted with the few people sitting here in the arena and no one gets it. There are plenty of retired people to draw from in the Springs/Denver area, and even the evening session are pitiful. Can't balme USFSA though, they did try.
    $5 per ticket are really low, if it were in Canada I'd go no question even if I'm broke and has university to go to, I wouldn't miss a chance to see S/Z last competitive skates, or Jeff Buttle, Lysacheck, Cziny or anybody else.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast