Update on Jessica Dube's facial injury | Golden Skate

Update on Jessica Dube's facial injury

Saundy

On the Ice
How many more surgeries will she have to endure?!
She has such bad luck for such a talented skater.
I'm so glad she's going to be ok though.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Poor Jessica - my heart goes out to her and i hope she recovers.

What bad luck for her this seasno has ben for injuries. Not that it makes it any better but she may be able to take comfort in the fact it wasn't as serious as the head wound Elena B suffered in a similar accident.

Ant

jayta

Rinkside
Definitely have been praying for Bryce and Jessica as they go through this trial.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I wonder if she will comtinue skating and competing. Poor thing. Do you know if this accident happened in practice or warm up or was it in the actual competion like tatiania totmainna the other year. In the pictures it looks like they are wearing thier competioin outfits.

Saundy

On the Ice
I wonder if she will comtinue skating and competing. Poor thing. Do you know if this accident happened in practice or warm up or was it in the actual competion like tatiania totmainna the other year. In the pictures it looks like they are wearing thier competioin outfits.

It was during the competition and it looks like they still plan on competing according to this artical on the SC website.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
just the thought of the injury makes me sick to my stomach :no:

jayta

Rinkside
All I have to say is that she is sooooo strong and courageous for continuing in a sport that has garnered her numerous injuries. Too many for a lifetime.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's so sad that this happened to Jessica, especially considering that she sustained an injury earlier in the season as well. :cry: I hope she has a complete and speedy recovery.

lutzskate

On the Ice
What a trooper. Gosh, she deserves some serious props. What an inspiring young woman.
I pray that her scarring is very minimal. Sounds like they had the right doctors on the scene.