Question, Question Game..... Name that person!!! | Golden Skate

Question, Question Game..... Name that person!!!

kendall

Match Penalty
1. Name a skater that has a huge big nose?

2. Name the skater that has the eyes of fire during the SP, and the eyes of doubt during the LP.

3. Extra credit: Name a skater who never win Grand Prix Final and Olympic gold medal.

GOod LUck::think: :banging: :

1. Evgeny Plushenko :rock: (That's why he can perform so well at high altitude locations!)
2. Hmm...Alexander Abt?
3. Vakhtang Murvanidze. Also Ludmilla Nelidina.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I was wondering if this thread was going to be approved.

1. :agree: unless you mean me.
2. I think Sasha
3. pertaining to ones that made it but didn't win?

And do we now need to come up with 2 or 3 new questions if we answer them? Will you be back to see if we got them correct?

evenstar

Final Flight
Well, number 3 could be almost anyone really, but Michelle Kwan was who popped into my mind first.
Number 2 was Sasha, I think.
Number 1 was probably Evgeni Plushenko.

I don't think we can count Michelle Kwan for number three, because she won the very first Grand Prix Final in Paris in 1996 -- only in those days it was called the Champions Series instead of the Grand Prix and it had the Sparkassen Cup from Germany instead of Cup of China.

Irina Slutskaya was second and Josee Chouinard :love: was third. For the men, Alexei Urmanov edged Elvis Stoiko for the gold.

Now I'll do one: Which skaters won both the ISU World Championship and the World Professional Championship (Landover) in the same year. (I can think of three.)

heyang

Record Breaker
Now I'll do one: Which skaters won both the ISU World Championship and the World Professional Championship (Landover) in the same year. (I can think of three.)

I believe Michelle won World Championship and World Pro in the same year. Her only appearance at World Pro's.

Another 'guess' would be Kristi.

Michelle and Kristi are right. The other one I was thinking of was Alexei Yagudin, the same year as Michelle. Any others?

heyang

Record Breaker
Forgot to ask my question...

Which skater has the handsomest/prettiest spouse? (I was going to say signficiant other, but didn't want to start the whole Tanith and Evan thing again.)

kendall

Match Penalty
The answer to number 2, 3 is correct. Congratulation to those who answer it correctly. Evgeni nose is still small compare to someone else hehe, so please make more guess hehe

I can't believe everybody got the #2 answer that easily:agree:

In an interview around the time he got married, Evgeny said he didn't used to like his nose, but his fiance told him it was his most handsome feature, so now he likes it. :agree:

Now here's a bit of Golden Skate trivia: For a brief time we once had a poster named "Esongib" (get it? Haha.) IIRC Esongib was banned for violating the guidelines against bashing skaters on the basis of physical characteristics, etc.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What's your question Math...........get with the program. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
1. Evgeni Plushenko lol

2. The Lovely Miss Sasha Cohen:love:

3. Kimmie Missner ( do you mean hasnever won or will never win. Kimme has never won either of the above.