Thread: What happened to Denkova/Staviski at Euros?

Medalist

What happened to Denkova/Staviski at Euros?

I didn't catch the dance portion of the competition so I was hoping someone here could explain this to me. They came in 3rd in all portions of the competition losing to the French and Russian teams by 6 points??? Didn't Albena and Maxim just win the GPF 2 months ago beating both of these teams by at least 5 points? What's going on here...is this part of the judges attempt to force Domnina/Shabalin to the top by Worlds? But then why did they lose to the French....was this deserved? Hopefully someone can explain to me what is going on here because I'm pretty confused right now lol.

read the Europeans forum in the Season 06-7 folder, it explains it all.

Custom Title
    There's lots of info on the Euros threads.Denkova/Staviski were third in the CD .In the OD they made mistakes.Maxim in the twizzles in the SLSS .Then Albena caught the board at the end of the SLSS and their spin was only marked a level 1.I would have had them first in the FD though .But Delobel/Shoenfelder skated well all three dances so did deserve to win .Read the reports and decide for yourself / and Watch on you tube .

Custom Title
    Just beat me to the answer La Rhumba

LOL nuge, I was too lazy to type out all the detail you kindly gave.