Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lysacek Does it Again

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar

Banned
    Yes he again benefits from almost criminal high scoring that reduce the already suspect credability of a sport that is literaly on thin ice. His role as one of the most overscored skaters of the last decade should not be held against him as I am sure he works hard and no competitive skater will not believe they dont earn whatever they get. However the disturbingly elevated scores he attains for skating standards not worthy of scores anywhere that vacinity, is one of the most emphatic examples of why figure skating is losing its popularity. The serious skating fan is not fooled or naive to see those skaters raised to an elevated status by judges not through the standard of skating they present but through problems that mar this once great sport. It simply turns those of us who have followed the sport for many years, and want so much for it to show as much integrity and fairness as possable, off the sport altogether.

Eville Eastern Bloc Poster
    Cannot agree more, Kittycat! Lysacek seems to be judges daaahhling since 2005 at least, when he "won" Worlds Bronze, and nobody (in Europe) really got why. I still remember how German Eurosport commentators were totally shocked/disgusted about the result.

Anke

On the Ice
    Who did they think should have won (bronze)?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlestreet View Post
    Good question.

Maybe they thought Lindemann was overlooked? I don't think so.

Joe

I think its unfair to have Lysacek´s PCS higher than Buttle´s. Buttle is truely and artist on the ice and has much harder choreography.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanice View Post
    Cannot agree more, Kittycat! Lysacek seems to be judges daaahhling since 2005 at least, when he "won" Worlds Bronze, and nobody (in Europe) really got why. I still remember how German Eurosport commentators were totally shocked/disgusted about the result.

Anke
    I can perfectly sympathize with the confusion of the Eurosport commentators you are refering to. They echoed my own confusion at the time as well, it was pretty much the birth of a mysterious judge-anointed star of the sport as you say. The judges incentives behind some of their urges to elevate certain skaters well beyond the standard of their skating with such persistance, may not always be known, but the assumption of the judges that serious skating fans and experts are being fooled is a real mistake on their part. All they are doing is offending the logic of those of us who are serious skating fans, or those who are payed to cover the sport.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bottlestreet View Post
    I cant speak for the Eurosports commentators but I can certainly say Weir and Chengiang Li both deserved it far more then Lysacek did.

Sitting Here on Blue Jay Way silver.blades's Avatar
    What I want to know is how Lysacek's PC score are so close to Buttle's. I get preformance execution being close, but Jeff's choreography and SS marks should be much higher than Lysacek's not something like 0.1 or 0.2. I accually like to watch Lysacek, but aside from the jumps, he's not really comparable to Jeffery. Marks should be given for a difficult choreographic program, not just the jumps. It's much more difficult for Buttle to land his jumps than Lysacek as his program is so intracet. This should be reflected in the PC.
    Lysacek is the better jumper, but Buttle's the better skater.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silver.blades View Post
    . It's much more difficult for Buttle to land his jumps than Lysacek as his program is so intracet. .
    I am so tired of hearing this argument from Buttle apologists. If it's so easy to land a jump with relatively easy program, then ask Buttle to land it in an easier program. The truth is he can't do 3A, let alone quad.

Please let him land that damn 3A before we talk.

Sitting Here on Blue Jay Way silver.blades's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveaxel View Post
    I am so tired of hearing this argument from Buttle apologists. If it's so easy to land a jump with relatively easy program, then ask Buttle to land it in an easier program. The truth is he can't do 3A, let alone quad.

Please let him land that damn 3A before we talk.
    He has landed the 3axel, he's not 100% consistancy, but it's pretty good. There are lots of skaters who miss that jump. He did also just come off an injury after 3 months off the ice.
    How about other skaters (ie. Joubert, Lysacek) land 3axel in a more difficult program? Why should Buttle have to simplify his choreography to get the jumps? Why can't other skater get their choreograph up to his level? When that happens and they land 3axels and quads, then maybe I'll agree with you, not before.
    Last edited by silver.blades; 02-10-2007 at 02:26 PM.

Stephane Lambiel hates the Triple Axel, and often has trouble with it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by La Rhumba View Post
    Stephane Lambiel hates the Triple Axel, and often has trouble with it.

He has quad to compensate. What does Buttle have to compensate? A single axel?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silver.blades View Post
    He has landed the 3axel, he's not 100% consistancy, but it's pretty good like 85%-90%. There are lots of skaters who miss that jump. He did also just come off an injury after 3 months off the ice.
    How about other skaters (ie. Joubert, Lysacek) land 3axel in a more difficult program? Why should Buttle have to simplify his choreography to get the jumps? Why can't other skater get their choreograph up to his level? When that happens and they land 3axels and quads, then I'll agree with you, not before.
    Missing three axels in a row, if you count his record at nationals, that's 1 successful 3A among 6 attempts, I can hardly call it 85%-90%. If he really hits above 50% rate, nobody will say he does not have 3A.

Right on Evan.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast