Ladies FS | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS

rain

Record Breaker
The flutz is not her only weakness. She cannot do a creditable sit spin. Her LP seems to be a choice between doing the technical elements OR interpreting her music, she cannot do both at once. As a result her program is mechanical. She needs to feel her music. I'm not sure which one, but I believe there is one triple jump she cannot do at all. I do like Asada, I just wish the judges would force her to work on some of these weaknesses by deducting accordingly — she would be a better skater for it, and she's still really young and has time to do it.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the Czardas is not a program that Asada can really 'feel'. It's too fast and driving to allow for any but completing a complex series of technical elements. I don't think the most expressive skater around could show any feeling for this music, even if she did 'feel' it. It's a poor FS music choice, particularly under CoP.

The czardas is a difficult tempo even in ballet. It is often hammed up in the movies. Even Sebestyan couldn't handle it and it her national dance.

Joe

satorare

Match Penalty
Meissner must be confident now.
If she can manage within 4 points behind of Kim in SP, she will have a medal.