4CCs Article Day 4 | Golden Skate

4CCs Article Day 4

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dube lost the top half of a middle finger in a lawn mower accident when she was four.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
gsk8, just curious if you have changed your view that Meissner will be "hard pressed to even finished in the top 5 at Worlds based on her GP events". I dont remember if that was your exact quote but it was something like that leading into U.S Nationals. Has she now upped her prognosis for Worlds based on her showing here in your estimation? :cool:

R.D.

Record Breaker
As far as I'm concerned I'd be very surprised if she doesn't finish top 5. I won't be surprised, however, if say she settles for Bronze (given how YuNa and Mao are shaping up, and the mistakes Kimmie's been making even with her two wins).

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has she now upped her prognosis for Worlds based on her showing here in your estimation?

IMOHO? No. She needs to deliver a consistent solid short. Her 3Lz-2T has been her nemisis, although her 3Lz-3T at Nats was awesome.

One international "win", while good, isn't enough to change my opinion at this point. Field is too deep.

And you are referring to the US Nats Preview.

BTW, have you changed your outlook on Lysacek? Or do I have you confused with someone else?

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Thanks for answering my question regarding Meissner.

As far as Lysacek I am pretty sure you have it right in refering to me. My opinion hasnt changed much on him, I still strongly believe he will definitely not beat any of Oda, Takahshi, Lambiel(although I know he wont be at Worlds), Joubert, or possably Buttle, skating 2clean programs, particularly with only 1 quad in the free skate and 0 in the short, and particularly with Worlds in Japan this year. I am perfectly comfortable still saying I could not imagine that happening anytime in the near future, that is not to say he cant beat any of those but it wont ever happen if they skate a clean competition or unless they suffer more mistakes then he does, even more certainly not at Worlds this year.

He also still messes up the short program 80% of the time, did again at this event, and if Buttle didnt give up 15 points, plus inevitable PCS on top of that, by missing a combined 3 triple axels the way he did, over the 2 programs, he would not have won here, and he barely did as it was with that. He only needed 1 out of 3 of the triple axels to be done, either the one in the short, or 1 of the two in the long, and Evan would not have managed a comeback win from his usual short program failure, and Joubert, Oda, Takashashi, all currently have more jumping firepower then Buttle by a long ways.

However I admire his determination and fighting spirit, and he has shown an ability to skate more clean long programs then anyone else. He will always be good to take advantage if others make mistakes, particularly if he has a rare clean short program. He battles valiantly through injuries and any problems he encounters, and he is an incredable warrior when he competes who gives it his all. So I give him kudos for that even though his skating is not my cup of tea. So no my opinion has not changed much.