Marshalls US Showcase - April 6 - Reading, PA | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Marshalls US Showcase - April 6 - Reading, PA

flying camel

Medalist
As much as I enjoyed the performances of the juniors, I feel like if they wanted to add some other skaters they should have picked from the seniors first. I bet Bebe, Danielle and Rachael would have loved to be at this competition. It just seems a little unfair to me. :cool: :mad: :frown2: :no:

Last edited:

nymkfan51

Medalist
I think it's a wonderful idea to include the juniors. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed to me that the USFSA is looking (and hoping) for someone to create the kind of excitement it had with Michelle and Sasha. No disrespect intended, but the present group of seniors (especially the ladies) is just not getting it done, IMO. And I think the USFSA knows it.
We have a strong and exciting group of junior skaters out there right now ... why not use that to build interest.
I know I'm more excited about going now!:yes:

Not having Bebe in a show is everyone's loss - not just a q of fairness. She's soooooooo captivating when you don't have to worry about her falling.

I think it's a wonderful idea to include the juniors. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed to me that the USFSA is looking (and hoping) for someone to create the kind of excitement it had with Michelle and Sasha. No disrespect intended, but the present group of seniors (especially the ladies) is just not getting it done, IMO. And I think the USFSA knows it.
We have a strong and exciting group of junior skaters out there right now ... why not use that to build interest.
I know I'm more excited about going now!:yes:
Ok. nothing wrong with opinions, but you have to realize some of us would have preferred a competitiion!!!

Without the competition, those same dissenters would have preferred not to have just a rehash of the same of exhibition numbers. Hopefully, it will all be new otherwise ZAP!

Joe

flying camel

Medalist
Not having Bebe in a show is everyone's loss - not just a q of fairness. She's soooooooo captivating when you don't have to worry about her falling.

I hve to agree. Maybe Bebe will be a late bloomer. Some skaters need more experience getting in front of the crowd then others. That why I just don't feel its right. I have to agree though that the current group of seniors have had a rough road to success. But I would be willing to give them a second chance. Just my opinion, I would have mixed it up some. Maybe a senior that you don't see that often and a couple of juniors. I guess the USFSA has given up on the current seniors already.

nymkfan51

Medalist
Ok. nothing wrong with opinions, but you have to realize some of us would have preferred a competitiion!!!

Without the competition, those same dissenters would have preferred not to have just a rehash of the same of exhibition numbers. Hopefully, it will all be new otherwise ZAP!

Joe

Joe ... I would prefer a competition over an exhibition any day, but with or without the junior skaters, this was going to be just an exhibition. So, being stuck with this format will be made a bit easier for me by getting to see the juniors too .

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I just hope that with all these babies being added to the line-up, the veterans don't get chaked from the broadcast. I'm going to be one pissed off viewer if I have to watch the junior ladiezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz instead of the dance teams. Well, we know B&A will be shown but they're not the dancers I want to see anyway.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You can see everyone if you go to Reading. The tickets aren't that expensive: $15 to $45.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Well you better get ready. There is no way you are going to see everyone.

Obviously. I'm just saying, its enough for the kiddies to be invited to perform for a live audience, they don't need to be televised. I'd rather see the senior-level skaters perform.

nymkfan51

Medalist
I didn't get to Nats this year, so this will be my first time seeing some of them.
I do understand though, why it doesn't hold much interest for you.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Lets not forget that exposure in this type of format of the Jr. Skaters especially Caroline and Miria could potentially open up a large fan base of
12-14 year olds. I think that is who USFS is targeting. This age group ( via their parents) spends millions of dollars on entertainment every year.

Emma7639

Rinkside
Is anyone else actually attending this show? I'll be there! I'm so excited to get to see everyone for the first time in person.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We're going! It's only an hour a half away from home for us, and I'm off that whole week. My husband's taking the day off to go to it! :party:

While we're there, we also hope to buy tickets for the Saturday part of Skate America. The tickets for the individual days of SA competition go on sale that day.

Last edited:

Emma7639

Rinkside
While we're there, we also hope to buy tickets for the Saturday part of Skate America. The tickets for the individual days of SA competition go on sale that day.
Oh yeah, it's being held in Reading this year. Awesome! Where can you buy tickets, and how do you know which events are being held when?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Emma, we figure that we'll check out the box office there, and find out what's available for the Saturday part of the competition. We've attended SA twice - in the same venue in Reading back in 2003, and in Atlantic City, NJ in 2005. We bought tickets for the Saturday part both times, and got to see the dance, pairs, and ladies' finals all in one day!