New Johnny Weir Journal -2/10 | Golden Skate

New Johnny Weir Journal -2/10

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Nice, I like how he addressed the fact he was not standing rinkside as the commentators said - can you believe anything they say anymore?:laugh: Also how he "talks down the rivalry issue." Nice comments about Evan and Ryan.

He is honest about what he talks about, I have no doubt. Trustable Johnny for sure.:agree: More then he needs to be even. I really bet he is a great fellow and would be a blessing to have as a friend.

The fact he is saying his sons birthday is Mach 17th makes me wonder if he will post next month? Or just after Vanya's B-day???

Last edited:

ArwenIcePrincess

Rinkside
I'm glad to hear that he wasn't actually standing rinkside- that seemed like a really bad idea, especially for someone as mercurial as Johnny can be, and also kind of Diva-ish- only Katarina can get away with that...

isk82

On the Ice
He has a son?????

ETA: Oh, I read further....it's his dog, right?

Last edited:

jennylovskt

Medalist
I always loved to read his journals. It's rare to see his kind of heartfelt, honest approach in writing. Compare with other skaters' made their journals sounded dry and unattractive (don't want to mention the names).

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
this part cracked me up
I congratulated him after his victory, and I know he would congratulate me. That's our rivalry! Tah-dah!
too funny. I can totally hear the ta-da! :laugh:

as for the story on watching the skate... whether or not they made a lot of hoopla, he did say that the reaction freaked him out... I think being just in the general area and hearing the crowd's excitement build and build and build couldn't have been any easier than if he was standing there watching the entire thing...

the broadcast was misleading, but not in a drastic way. it boosts ratings... and skating deserves the chance once in a while...

_Ladybug_

On the Ice
He seems to be a nice person. I like to read his journals because he is very honest and very down to earth. He is a nice guy. I hope one day he can get is act together and win.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
He seems to be a nice person. I like to read his journals because he is very honest and very down to earth. He is a nice guy. I hope one day he can get is act together and win.

Not to quibble over details, lol....but he did win...3 National titles.

twinsissv

Rinkside
Not to quibble over details, lol....but he did win...3 National titles.

...But we all know that it's INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS that really make your reputation, unfortunately. (Sarah Meier was Swiss national champion FIVE times.) :yes: I didn't even know who she was until this year. Hopefully, Johnny can get those international judges in his corner with some good results.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
He has a son?????

ETA: Oh, I read further....it's his dog, right?

that was naughty of him. I was thinking What?? a little young for that isn't he... not even married. If it's just a dog well that's funny joke on me lol.

I enjoyed reading...thanks. I sounds like he really wrote it.. unlike sasha's jouranal which she hasn't been keeping up with) didin't sound like her voice coming through.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
a lot of my friends are Johnny's age and they're parents... ;)

but yeah that through me for a loop for about half a second too lol

Snowgirl

On the Ice
I enjoy reading his interviews and journal entries as much as I enjoy his skating! Thanks.Johnny, that was wonderful, the last sentence in particular, it made my day!
So sorry he couldn't perform in Moscow, he wanted to be there and I wanted to see him so badly :( Just why the federation didn't let him go, it was not a simple show, it was Tarasova's birthday, and she did something for American figure skating too! They could show a little more respect to her.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I dunno, it makes sense to me... though really all three of the US guys who went to 4CC did just fine without him... but at the same time, if he's too tired and not training like he wants to be, then I can see the USFSA's reasoning behind not wanting him to take more time and get even further jet lagged for a show in Russia.

Snowgirl

On the Ice
It makes NO sense for people who learned that he wouldn't be here just 2 days before the show. They (federation) could let know about their decision earlier, what was the sense of getting Johnny more nervous when he wasn't sure whether he was allowed to go or not?

_Ladybug_

On the Ice
...But we all know that it's INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS that really make your reputation, unfortunately. (Sarah Meier was Swiss national champion FIVE times.) :yes: I didn't even know who she was until this year. Hopefully, Johnny can get those international judges in his corner with some good results.

That's what I meant, thank you.
Not being a native english speaker sucks.