Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Glorious Last Six to Skate - Tokyo

The Glorious Last Six to Skate - Tokyo

After reading the replies on Emily, I couldn't help but wonder where to put her in Worlds and then wondered where anyone will be, so, give me your honest best six for Worlds.

This is not a prediction thread. That belongs in the World's folder. So don't put the last six in order of preference.

Miki Ando; Mao Asada; Yu Na Kim, Joannie Rochette, Sara Meier, Elene Gedevanishili; Emily Hughes, Kimmie Meissner, Alissa Czisny; Nakano; Carolina Kostner
    any other?

Joe
    Last edited by Joesitz; 02-14-2007 at 07:33 PM.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post

Miki Ando; Mao Asada; Yu Na Kim, Joannie Rochette.... Kimmie Meissner.....
    Yeah...them

and

Kostner

Alissa Czisny;
    Last edited by R.D.; 02-14-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks RD. I forgot Kostner,.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    do you really think miss kostner will make the top six at worlds? Not me. She delevired one good performance this year at Europeans. It wasn't great, just enough to win. I think that the world pressure and the wierd mistakes will place her more like 8th overall.

Down With It
    Anything's possible.

OK, I correct myself...almost anything's possible.

On the Ice
    Mao Asada
    Miki Ando
    Yu-na Kim
    Kimmie Meissner
    Carolina Kostner

All of the above have a 3/3 in the short. The last spot wiil be Yukari Nakano I believe. Her Memoirs of a Geisha short is one of my favorites this season.

Well, the last six to skate means the top six finishers in the short program. So in a way, this is a predictions thread, only we are just being asked to predict the SP not the LP, right?

OK, going by personal best in the SP, I'll say Asada (69.50), Ando (67.52), Kim (65.22), 2006 Grand Prix finalist and 2005 European champion Julia Sebestyen (61.28) , Elena Sokolova (if the Russian Federation sends her) (60.98) and Sarah Meier (60.87).
    Last edited by Mathman; 02-14-2007 at 08:51 PM.

Meissner
    Asada
    Hughes
    Kim
    Meier
    Rochette

Custom Title
    Czisny would have to skate cleanly to have a shot at the top six. A popped lutz or a fall would drop her in the standings.

Banned
    I haven't seen enough of the ladies this year to make any sort of educated guess as to who the best six will be. So I'll just give my preferences.

Yukari Nakano. IMHO a far ore aesthetically pleasing skater than Mao. I love her Memoirs of a Geisha program and her overall style. And her leg wrap on her jumps doesn't really bother me at all.
    Kimmie Meissner. I like that she attacks every single program, even if it doesn't always work out. She has really made strides in her artistry this year, definitely has a more athletic style but she has polished it a lot since last year. She's not just content to rest on her laurels and think that her World Title will hold her up for the rest of her career.
    Sarah Meier. She's had a fantastic year so far and I hope she goes into Worlds with a lot of confidence. She's such a pretty skater and I really like her programs this year.
    Carolina Kostner. I'd love to see her make a combeack this year after her early injuries, and also prove that her bronze at Worlds a few eyars ago wasn't a fluke. I love the speed and attack that she skates with and she has a nice style, and she really uses her long limbs to her advantage as far as getting into nice positions in spins and spirals.
    Alissa Czissny. A long shot, I know. A very long shot. But jumps aside, everything she does is so beautiful. Obviously it is a very big "if", but if she can go clean she could most definitely be in the top six, if not on the podium.
    Yu-Na Kim. I don't love love love her yet, but she is a pleasant skater to watch. I'd like to see a little more personality come out in her skating without her beautiful jumps going downhill.
    Mao Asada. I applaude her for attempting the triple axel so often, and with such a difficult entrance. If she can land it solidly, or learn to not let the whole program fall apart if she doesn't land the axel, then she should be up in the top six without a doubt. I'm not sold on her LP, but her SP is gorgeous.

Banned
    Asada-Ando-Kim-Kostner-Czisny-Meissner in this order

Top three wont miss the final six.
    They did clean shorts every time in this season.
    Asada will go over 70 points, if she jumps LUTZ her way.
    Kim's point could be a little lower, coz she may be beseiged by the North American and European judges who want to give advatages to THEIR skaters.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Not sure about Elene Gedevanishvili's placement in this. I mean, I'm a huge fan, and she's a good SP skater. There are too many uncertainties as to her preparation for Wolds, and her sponsorship etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Well, the last six to skate means the top six finishers in the short program. So in a way, this is a predictions thread, only we are just being asked to predict the SP not the LP, right?
    You got it. The Final Six will have placed thusly based on their extraordinary SP. It does not predict the Final winner, however.

I have come to the conlusion that there are SP skaters and there are, LP skaters and there are those special skaters who are both. So it is not a prediction thread of the final 3 medalists.

Joe

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    I would like to know more about this. It has been a while sense there has been any info here. What is happening with federation / citizen issues?
    Elene had some kind of an assigned scholarship, and b/c of that was able to spend the month prior to Euros, in the USA with Zmievskaya (Baiul's ex-coach).

In Euros, she skated dressed in her old recycled costume(s?). I guess she doesn't have any choice at the moment but to stick with Zmievskaya. I have no idea who's been paying the expenses since. The Georgian officials might be doing that. I don't think her mother has a work permit, while living in the States.
    I'm not aware of any plans regarding Elene's return to Russia.

The saddest thing is, Elene's performance has dropped as the result of all this. And, frankly, it looks like nobody really cares about this tiny Georgian figure skater.

http://alb.gallery.ru/gallery/000001...199118-500.jpg
    Last edited by Hsuhs; 02-14-2007 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks Hsuhs - I went and deleted that Q because I figured I could go and find out instead of being lazy. But your info is more up to date. So I REALLY appreciate it! Thank you.

Some of you are so informed here, I feel lucky I am allowed to stick around.
    Thanks for the picture.

BOT, as if it matters from me - no order intended
    Asada
    Meissner
    Suguri - honest, not just my heart. Is she still in? Hows the neck?
    Kim
    Ando
    Meier
    Hughes
    alternate; Kostner

Now that I put Carolina down I wonder if any lady has done a 3x3x3 in comp or if it is allowed, even if it is worth it?
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 02-14-2007 at 11:32 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast