The Glorious Last Six to Skate - Tokyo | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The Glorious Last Six to Skate - Tokyo

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
It's not allowed? Can someone explain why? Thanks in advance.

It IS allowed. I didn't really mean to ask that - it is fairly obvious that it should be. If anything it frees up some time in the programme:laugh: Maybe make some room for the circular step sequence.;)

Now I wonder how many extra points that would gain? Is that worth the risk?

Last edited:
SS- where's that new user title you were threatening me with? ;) :laugh:

:scratch: This is it - it's not enough for you? I go from "Custom User" to 12-skater cheering section and you ask where it is?

But if you mean I was supposed to come up with a new one for you, NO PROB.

RED DOG
His bark is worse than his bite

RED DOG
Eyes of ice

RED DOG
No one is safe

RED DOG
Don't call him Fido

RED DOG
Howl of reason

RED DOG
He smells a rat

RED DOG
Hunting the Snark

I aim to please. ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
It IS allowed. I didn't really mean to ask that - it is fairly obvious that it should be. If anything it frees up some time in the programme:laugh: Maybe make some room for the circular step sequence.;)

Now I wonder how many extra points that would gain? Is that worth the risk?

Thanks Sean for clearing that up.

This is it - it's not enough for you? I go from "Custom User" to 12-skater cheering section and you ask where it is?

But if you mean I was supposed to come up with a new one for you, NO PROB.

That's not what I meant. You changed yours, I said (tongue in cheek) that it's long and you should shorten it to (given name). Then you said "wait until you see my new one" or something like that. So that's what I was referring to ;)

RED DOG
Eyes of ice

RED DOG
No one is safe

RED DOG
Don't call him Fido

:rock: :rock: :rock: damn right

I would love to see this thread get back to topic and everything else get into Le Cafe.

Do we have SP skaters that can rise to the occasion?

Joe

MKFSfan

Medalist
Well, I think Mao has the best SP of the season! Yu-Na has proved she can land her 3/3 consistently in the SP, and garner high marks, Miki too. So, I predict those 3 are shoe-ins for top 6 heading to LP.

The other 3 are a little more unpredictable. I think Kimmie will "bring it" in the LP, but she's been a bit inconsistent all season with the SP, which, IMO, is not really a good choice for her, her LP is much better suited. I really like Sarah's SP, her levels will keep her in the mix. Emily does have an interesting SP, and if she skates with attack and is clean, may very well end up in the final flight.

So, that's my top 6: Mao, Yu-Na, Miki, Kimmie, Sarah and Emily!

Joannie and Carolina can very easily disrupt my prediction, more likely Joannie than Caro. Yukari, IMO, is more a wild-card.

I would LOVE for Alissa to finally skate clean. If that happens, she could find herself in the final flight! Her spins, spirals and PCS could make up for not having a 3/3, and if her jumps are not perfect (meaning, she doesn't fall, but maybe other problems.)

Seanibu: unfortunately, Fumie will not be at Worlds. By not medaling at Nationals, she was not awarded a spot on the team. I'm hoping she takes the time to recover, and be healthy for next season! She's battled multiple injuries all season, poor girl.

Last edited:

flying camel

Medalist
1. Mao
2. Yu - Na
3. Kimmie
4. Ando
5. Rochette
6. Meier
That would be a great edge of your seat final.

I could see Czisny in the top 6 if she hit everything. But, the girl hasn't hit a clean short all season. I don't see things changing just because its Worlds.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Seanibu: unfortunately, Fumie will not be at Worlds. By not medaling at Nationals, she was not awarded a spot on the team. I'm hoping she takes the time to recover, and be healthy for next season! She's battled multiple injuries all season, poor girl.

I thought Suguri was hanging in the elligible ranks to try and compete in Tokyo this worlds? I was under the impression that she was going to retire after this season.

Ant

gio

Medalist
In no particular order

My objective best six is Yu Na, Asada, Ando, Meissner, Hughes, Kostner

My subjective best six is Yu Na, Ando, Kostner, Czisny, Meier, Rochette

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Fumie Suguri did not make the world team...

:cry: Well, I guess that means I go with the alternate. I didn't know that the Worlds trip is contingent on the 4CC, thanks.

Where is the info coming from that she IS going to retire next year???? I have heard nothing to contradict her comments of planning on 2010 - as incredible as it sounds - I have only heard rumors that she is going to retire. ~ along with Ira, Sasha, etc...

http://www2.worldlingo.com/SG57TOc3OQEKXT4CkYWL96,3,KfTcarkN/translate
Of course her site is not the best for updates and detailed info.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Not sure about Elene Gedevanishvili's placement in this. I mean, I'm a huge fan, and she's a good SP skater. There are too many uncertainties as to her preparation for Wolds, and her sponsorship etc.

I am really inpressed with this girl, and want to see more of her. She reminds me of Tara Lipinski, only preittier. I love the way she usees her hands and she skates with a lot of speed. i hope things work out for her!

antmanb

Record Breaker
:cry: Well, I guess that means I go with the alternate. I didn't know that the Worlds trip is contingent on the 4CC, thanks.

Where is the info coming from that she IS going to retire next year???? I have heard nothing to contradict her comments of planning on 2010 - as incredible as it sounds - I have only heard rumors that she is going to retire. ~ along with Ira, Sasha, etc...

http://www2.worldlingo.com/SG57TOc3OQEKXT4CkYWL96,3,KfTcarkN/translate
Of course her site is not the best for updates and detailed info.

I thought i'd read an article from just before the start of the Olympic season. I guess plans can change.

I also don't think selection for the worlds team was based on 4CC's. I believe the Japanese federation named it world team and 4CC's team at the same time based on Japanese nationals. I think Japan sent its "A" team of singles skaters to worlds and its "B" team to 4CC's.

Ant

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
No woman has ever done a 3-3-3 in comp. Of course it's allowed, though.

If Carolina does her 3Flip/3Toe/3Loop in competition I would truly :bow: :bow: :bow: . Mao Asada would be furious, LOL!

~Z

i would love to see that!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I thought i'd read an article from just before the start of the Olympic season. I guess plans can change.

I am only speculating here, but I bet that if Fumie had placed silver maybe bronze that might have been a reality. I was not reading and chatting online at that point yet so most of you would know better than I. As usual.:agree:
I also don't think selection for the worlds team was based on 4CC's. I believe the Japanese federation named it world team and 4CC's team at the same time based on Japanese nationals. I think Japan sent its "A" team of singles skaters to worlds and its "B" team to 4CC's.

Ant

On the worlds thread I definitely got the impression she was "on the list", but now that you say that I recall some discussion about her being an alternate? Maybe it was just my heart. I must move on for worlds * sigh *

Anyway, I would LOVE to see Carolina come out and do the 3x3x3:bow:

jiggs

On the Ice
She does them in practice on a regular basis. After all, a 3-3 is nothing for her if the first jump is landed well. I think she is also practicing 3l-3l but I could be wrong. I know for sure she does 3t-3t, 3f-3t, 3lutz-3t and 2a-3salchow in practice.

Last edited: