Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Valentina Marchei

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 17.9%

• Total voters

greig

Rinkside
Tugba Karademir-If she gets the tripple lutz she will be among the big guns.Huge improvement.

Valentina Marchei-19th in Euros last year.5th this year

Sarah Meier-Massive Improvement in the last few seasons.Could be a world medal contender if she skates clean

Joanie Rochette-Has also made a big improvement over last few seasons

Idora Hegel - Vey Undrmarked in her performances could be top 10 in worlds if the judges went with her and she skated a clean performance

I voted for Idora Hegel. Rochette and Meier are great, but I would say that they have been excellent skaters for some time and have been improving steadily for several years.

Idora has a cool web site, by the way.

http://www.idorahegel.com/

greig

Rinkside
Ya i also do love Idora and she has improved greatly its a pitty the judges never go with her.She skated a fully clean world champion sp last season and only placed 15th.Whats up with that like.I Love Sarah Meier.She is my Fave Skater.I was realy pissed off that Kostner won it.Hopefully if sarah Skates brill she may get on the podium.who knows??

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Looking more at actual skating than at results, I gotta go with -- at least in terms of improvement from last season to this one -- Emily Hughes. She actually has an INDICATION (actually, more than just that) of CHOREOGRAPHY now, and I give a lot of credit for that. I admit I haven't seen anyone else listed THIS season, except for Sarah Meier, and to me she doesn't seem any better or any worse than she's been in previous years, she's just a little more consistent.

krenseby

Final Flight
Meier is definitely the most improved! I think she deserved Bronze at Worlds last year.

~Z

Well, if you think that Meier deserved Bronze last year, you obviously think that Sasha should have not. Where would you have placed Sasha? Below Meier? That sounds unfair.

evenstar

Final Flight
Kostner is a lot better than at 2005 worlds. She's much more consistent. Miki Ando has completely reinvented herself now though. She's waay better than that horrible skater at the Olympics who wore those ugly costumes.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Katy Taylor only finished 8th at nationals, but that was an improvement over the Grand Prix. I think she will keep getting better.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I think Meier, because she went from "nice" to contender through 2007 Euros. I know her 2007 Worlds was disappointing, but I think she's rebound.

Marchei is my second choice. I've seen her a few years in a row, but I've never seen her skate like at Euros :rock:

gio

Medalist
Marchei is my second choice. I've seen her a few years in a row, but I've never seen her skate like at Euros :rock:

And at Worlds!!! :clap: Two nearly clean programs with the exception of a silly fall at the very end of her SP (not inside an element) and a single Axel in her LP.
She needs a triple flip or loop next year, though.

russell30

Final Flight
I would say Valentina Marchei this year - It was great to see because she is very dynamic on the ice and has a lovely bubbly character - loved her reaction at the kiss and cry at Euro's - and what a jump from 12th to 5th incredible!!, pity her marks were a little low in SP as this would have given her the bronze - but no quibble I love Kiira Korpi too.

Valentina was one of only a handful to work the system to her favour in terms of racking up the points - but I agree does need the triple flip at least - she can do this jump but at the moment seems inconsistent on it.

Valentina has my vote of most improved in 2007

Tugba was last year but has lost her confidence a little bit in 2007 and has gone back to 27th in the world. Best of luck to Tugba and Valentina next year.

krenseby

Final Flight
I think Meier, because she went from "nice" to contender through 2007 Euros. I know her 2007 Worlds was disappointing, but I think she's rebound.

Actually, her 2007 Worlds performance didn't make me think of her as a contender! Haha..

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I voted other because Miki's performance over prior seasons was like "Huh? Who's that skater & why does she look like Miki Ando?"

goldenpleasures

On the Ice
Ya i also do love Idora and she has improved greatly its a pitty the judges never go with her.She skated a fully clean world champion sp last season and only placed 15th.

No, she didn't. She doubled the lutz in her planned 3Z2T combination.

I hope she's OK after the death of her coach in the summer.