Brian Joubert Injured!!!!!!! | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert Injured!!!!!!!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Just found out over at fsvids.net that Brian Joubert injured his foot while attempting a triple lutz. He had to go to the hospital and had stitches put in . Apparently, the blade cut a tendon and touched a bone. OUCH!!!!!

He has not withdrawn. He is still optimistic saying that he should be 100% back by worlds . Let's hope so :cry:

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
According to FSU:

Good News: He is only going to be off the ice for just 10 days.

Bad News: He may have to break into new boots

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the info. I hope he is healed by Worlds. Sounds like a nasty
cut. Usually injuries to tendons take a while to heal. Do you know if it is his landing foot? I remember at 2003 Worlds when Shen injured her foot and knee in practice and they went on to win the title.

Wow - scary. Brian is showing his fighting spirit. Shades of Curt Schilling! I sure hope he's able to compete and do his best. He's earned it.

ETA: It's his right foot.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
wow

That's really bad news. I really really really want him to win this season. He is the only male skater this season who has combined superb athletism and excellent artistry.

All other top skaters have severe shortcomings. I've never been a big fan of those two Japanese skaters, Evan is a blah, Buttle can't even do a 3A. Brian is the ONLY skater who deserves a gold medal.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
How unfortunate for Brian. I hope he recovers, and breaks into new boots just in time.

emma

Record Breaker
what a bad break - I've loved watching Brian this year and I really love how his coach has a day by day plan that they seem to following with amazing results....I hope he recovers fast and that this interruption IS NOT psyhcologically damaging. Good luck breaking in the new boots too!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
this is awful. why can't this guy ever get lucky? There is always somthing and he never wins the world medal that he desrves. I know that this will affect him in Tokyo. Either the injury, or the new boots and the low confidence that both of them bring.

dance4u

Rinkside
Why would he need boots? The back of the blade would possibly leave 2.5cm hole. All he needs to do is round off the bottom of the back of the blade. This is a common injury on the lutz . Simple fix on the blade will prevent injury. It will not affect the profile of the blade in any way.
New boots would only be necessary if the toe seam was completely split.
Good luck to Brian

icesk8erdude4e

Rinkside
OH dear I hope that he can come back to full force by worlds and that he is the first to win a world title from france since Alan Calmat back in the 40s I think that he's the most capable of it.

If not him then who? Maybe Nobunari Oda, Daisuke Takahashi, or Evan Lysacek maybe? idk we'll just have to see what happens soon.

emma

Record Breaker
I just read on FSU that Brian is ready to compete BUT still in pain/limping from his foot injury.

That makes me soooooooooooo sad for him; he worked so hard this year. I wish him all the best at worlds!