Thread: Gedevanishvili

Custom Title

Gedevanishvili

How is it that we haven't had a separate thread on this lovely young skater? And, for goodness sakes, I didn't even know she was in the US until they mentioned it during the Euros broadcast. Usually, GS keeps me up on all this stuff. So, anyone have current news? Is she staying in the US? Is her mother with her?
    Linny

We were talking about here on another thread though, Hsuhs had some information.
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=14

Custom Title
    Elene's FS performance at Euros showed that she was sadly out of shape, probably because she hadn't had decent practice facilities since being deported from Russia. I think this season was a lost one for her and we won't see a big improvement until next year. Apparently she is planning to relocate to the US for her training

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    does anyone know where in the U.S she will be living? what a talented girl. I hope things work out for her... i really see a lot in this girl, so exciting to watch!

I posted the information here - http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...gedevanishvili.

Elena is training with Zmievskaya, so I assume she will be living in Simsbury, CT.

Rinkside
    Galina trains in Wayne, New Jersey at the "Ice Vault". She has been there for a few years.

Thanks for posting, Crystal! Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by crystal View Post
    Galina trains in Wayne, New Jersey at the "Ice Vault". She has been there for a few years.
    Thank you for the correction!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I came across this quote from Elene re: her performance in the SP at Europeans last month (she placed third in the SP, 8th overall). It's from a news service, Sports Features Communications.

Gedevanishvili opened her program with a triple Lutz, but she two-footed it, and also her triple flip (in combination with double toe) was a little wobbly. The 17-year-old earned a level four for her spiral sequence and her layback as well as for her combination spin with difficult positions. The Georgian was awarded 54.62 points (30.33/24.29). “I did what I can do at this point. I’m not yet in my best shape yet. I was three months off the ice”, Gedevanishvili said, referring to her having to leave her training base in Russia due to visa problems of her mother. “When I came back to Georgia, they gave me some ice, but it was very small and they couldn’t really resurface it, so they resurfaced it once a week and there were public skating session, too. It was a very difficult time for me. Now I have been training for three weeks in the USA. I hope that everything will be ok”.

I sure hope so too. I guess she'll make it to Worlds, right? I mean, who would her competition be in Georgia?

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/index....=show&id=36390

I see a lot of talent but I am not yet on the Bandwagon. Maybe this Worlds. Hope so. I don't need a gold medal to like someone. I know of too many gold medalists that I would consider 'lucky' it was that night and not the next,.

Go Elene or Galina whichever name you use.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Go Elene or Galina whichever name you use.
    Huh? Elene Gedevanishvili is training with Galina Zmievskaya. Elene is certainly NOT named Galina...

It was never clear to me that Galina was on the Lene thread. But then, I am not all that bright.

Joe

Custom Title
    She's a wonderful young skater, and with good ice and a great coach, I can't wait to see her potential realized!

Custom Title
    I hope her problems are soon solved. She is a brilliant skater with lots of potential.