Thread: Jeff Buttle's costume

Jeff Buttle's costume

OK, I just saw this on Canadian TV. I have one question:

WHAT is Jeffrey Buttle's costume trying to say? Please beat me up after school every day?

Tripping on the Podium
    Jeff is skating to Armenian music, and I think his costume actually goes very well with his program. When I first saw the costume I thought it was really random too, but when I saw his program, it all made sense.

Also, apparently if you watch the movie Arrarat, the movie that his music is from, then the costume makes even more sense. (I say apparently because I haven't actually seen the movie, but my mom has, and she said that Jeff's costume is just like what they wore in the movie.)

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze

Thank you! That's beautiful. So, he's supposed to look like the guy in the middle of the bottom row? (Now I feel like an idiot, LOL.)

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    So, he's supposed to look like the guy in the middle of the bottom row?
    That's what I thought.

I also think that Eman would be much more convincing in that role. Yeah I know 90 % of this board will disagree.

Custom Title
    WHAT is Jeffrey Buttle's costume trying to say? Please beat me up after school every day?

HILARIOUS! THANKS FOR THAT LAUGH!

It's not my favorite, but I think it's very tame and a nice fit for the music...

not my favorite program of his, but apparently the only program I liked of his most of his fans didn't

Custom Title
    I think this years program is his best ever. It is absolutely brilliant. I don't particularly like the costume but hey the program is incredible.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    yes. it's armenian traditional dress.

Custom Title
    I really like Buttle's new LP music and choreography. I liked the costume overall. I like the sleeves, but I'm not crazy how the pattern goes around his neck and down his chest. Although, anything has to be better than Jouberts LP costume this year... That Batman nightmare is a MESS!

Custom Title
    Incidentally, the movie "Ararat" is about the genocide of the Armenian minority living in Turkey during World War I. The Turkish government still denies that the genocide ever happened and has made strong efforts to suppress this movie.