TV Alert--Nationals Exhibitions | Golden Skate

TV Alert--Nationals Exhibitions

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just wanted to remind you that they are on today. I am in CST so I am currently watching.

Dee

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Awwwwwwwww Johnny was just wonderful and got a standing ovation. :clap: :clap:

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
did I just miss it or did they totally skip over Scott Hamilton's first US title in that little montage...

how... lame...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Caroline blew me away. i was never impressed that much with her until today. she's my new favorite. Her flexibity and strengh is amazing. she should have been nationals chmapion. exquiste. the new sasha cohen!

alissa was great. she should use don quoixte as a freeskate next year. she interpreted it so well. Johnny, i wasn't impressed with. it looked to me as if he was just improvising as he went along. imagine is a great song, but really hard to skate to.

Did anybody notice all the rock songs? too much for me. Not the biggest rock fan.

funny mairi didn't even have an exebitio number. she just used her short. I guess she wasn't expecting to skate at the exebitio same with Ryan Bradley.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Caroline blew me away. i was never impressed that much with her until today. she's my new favorite. Her flexibity and strengh is amazing. she should have been nationals chmapion. exquiste. the new sasha cohen!

I am not surprised at all. I watched this exhibiton program before. It is by far my favourite of all ladies' programs this season. It really shows her strength, and she's really feeling the music extremely well plus those insane and extremely innovative spirals and spins.

Can you believe she first improvised this program at JGP Mexico within a few hours? She, probably just like Mirai, did not expect to do an exhibition # for her international debut. Caroline is definitely very very talented. I saw this exhibiton programs three times, everytime she twicked something.

This is also an exhibiton program full of jump content. 3lutz+2t, 3flip. She's really very gutsy.

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
That was fun - and Joe was right, Zhang stole the show - wow, wow, wow!!!!!

I just have to say (again, I think) that Spokane rocked - that audience was amazing, I actually got teary eyed listening to the applause.
And it just felt so cool to see the stands full. I hope we see Nationals again there very soon.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
What a great exhibition. My favorite numbers? Caroline Zhang is beautiful to watch. Naomi Nari Nam-I'm so glad she is back with her exuberance & big smile, what joy she brings to the ice. Johnny Weir was poetry in motion & Ryan Bradley-I can't watch him without a smile on my face. I enjoyed everyone but these four skaters & their routines were the ones I enjoyed most.:clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
is it just me or did it look like it was a tornado entrance into the back flip, or does his back flip just look funny?

MKFSfan

Medalist
I agree that Mirai, Caroline and Alissa were terrific! Those 3 have the BEST spins. Wow, wow, wow! Actually, the two youngsters made me back hurt just watching some of their positions! I also enjoyed Emily very much. She just looks like a Professional Performer out there! Bebe has one of the most beautiful classic laybacks, right up there with Angela N. IMO.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I really liked all those interviews and skates of those skaters of some time ago. I thought this was one of the better exhibitions they have shown. I even was able to edit it.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
The exhibition today wasn't horrible but I think they could have used a lot of that talking time to show all the skaters they chacked from the broadcast. They could have shown Davis & White, Navarro & Bommentre, Rena & John, and Evora & Ladwig at least rather than some of that talking and I'm a bit annoyed that they didn't show all the junior champions this year either. They normally do show them in the exhibitions. I guess the broadcast was all right but it could have been SO much better had they not chacked so many other skaters. :banging:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Exhibition programs ABC showed today (in order, excluding fluff):
1. Bebe Liang: Lullaby for a Stormy Night - Vienna Teng
2. Jeremy Abbott: Save the Last Dance - Michael Buble
3. Alissa Czisny: Don Quixote from Man of LaMancha - Linda Eder
4. Caroline Zhang (junior silver medalist): You Raise Me Up - Celtic Woman
5. Mirai Nagasu (junior champ): jazzy guitar piece from Swing Kids soundtrack (her Junior SP)
6. Angela Maxwell (novice champ): Jock Jams, including YMCA
7. Johnny Weir: Imagine - John Lennon
8. Nam & Leftheris: Crazy Little Thing Called Love
9. Ryan Bradley: Polka/Happy Birthday Variations - Gidon Kremer (his SP)
10. Gregory & Petukhov: The Impossible Dream
11. Emily Hughes: I Believe - Fantasia Barrino
12. Castile & Okolski: Stranglehold by Ted Nugent
13. Belbin & Agosto: Latin medley (last season's OD)
14. Evan Lysacek: "You Really Got Me" by Van Halen
15. Kimmie Meissner: Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne

Programs "chacked" (not shown) by ABC:
Senior:
Inoue & Baldwin: Mandy - Barry Manilow
Evora & Ladwig: The Rose
Davis & White: Waltz of the Flowers from The Nutcracker
Navarro & Bommentre

Junior:
Eliot Halverson: revised version of his long program
Brandon Mroz: Jailhouse Rock
Keauna McLaughlin & Rockne Brubaker: Play that Funky Music
Bianca Butler & Joseph Jacobsen
Emily Samuelson & Evan Bates
Madison & Keiffer Hubbell: Libertine Tango (last year's FD?)

Novice:
Armin Mahbanoozadeh: Beetlejuice SP
Tracy Tanovich & Michael Chau: The Race SP
Maia & Alex Shibutani: Memoirs of a Geisha free dance

Last edited:

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Is Angela Maxwell related to Charlotte Maxwell?

Both are from TX (Charlotte skates with Nick Traxler). They seem to look a like.

Anybody know? Thanks!

BTW, Jonny rocked! what a performance!

heyang

Record Breaker
I think Inoue & Baldwin did Mandy as their exhibition last year - maybe that's why it was cut. If I recall correctly, they wore bumblebee yellow tops and black bottoms. Wasn't one of their best IMO.

R.D.

Record Breaker
SHORT IMPRESSIONS from my mobile- Alyssa was born to be a performer, and today confirms my belief. Also Zhang has mucho potential- looked like a young Kwan out there. Emily- prefer her doing more upbeat music...she looked out of her league out there. Kimmie- like the song, not much else to say there. Nice, well done broadcast.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no their exhibition last year at nationals was the same as the one in 05.... I remember because I was bored watching the same exhibition lol

I loved Bebe, Alissa, Caroline, Castile and Olshevsky, G&P, N&T, and Johnny (he should wear white more often, he just glowed). Oh, and I loved the crazy dancing back-flip girl who won novice. That kid should get her own TV show! The others didn't do it for me but these were more than enough. It was great to see those enthusiastic Spokens (Speakins?).

Kurt's commentary was way too cutesy and the Peter-Terry interplay was just dumb. At least Peggy and Dick are relatively dignified. (It was funny to hear Peggy trying to find words for Backflip Girl.)