Thread: The Blower's Daughter

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar

The Blower's Daughter

I normally cannot stand the sung version of the song, but I like Dube and Davison's instrumental version for their free skate. Anyone know where it is from/album info?

Thanks!

Brian Joubert' wife (I wish...) _Ladybug_'s Avatar
    I'd love to have that instrumental version too. It was gorgeous.
    I don't like the original sung version but I absolutely adore a Brazilian live cover sung by a couple. It's amazing.

I wasn't sure what to think when I heard about Dube and Davison skating to this song but it turned out beautiful. Actually is my second favourite pairs FS this season.

Rinkside
    I think I read somewhere that it was done especially for them, and therefore, not on any album. I'm not positive about this, but I wouldn't be surprised!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    The Blower's Daughter music was actually a piece that Jamie and David skated to and have handed the piece over to Dube and Davison since they are training them. Not bad, eh?

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    The Blower's Daughter music was actually a piece that Jamie and David skated to and have handed the piece over to Dube and Davison since they are training them. Not bad, eh?
    I definitely see the influence of Sale and Pelletier on Dube and Davison. Especially in lifts (which I think, in their "eligible prime" [Sale and Pelletier are still peaking as pros, in my opinion], S/P were the best), and in that final spin combination, where Bryce spins Jessica around.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    I definitely see the influence of Sale and Pelletier on Dube and Davison. Especially in lifts (which I think, in their "eligible prime" [Sale and Pelletier are still peaking as pros, in my opinion], S/P were the best), and in that final spin combination, where Bryce spins Jessica around.
    It's funny how much Sale and Pelletier have influenced Canadian pairs in such a short amount of time. You can see it in Dube and Davison and you could also see their influence a couple of years ago in Langlois and Archetto.