Website host/domain | Golden Skate

Website host/domain

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Now that I have given my two weeks notice to my boss (did that yesterday :rock: ) I am able to go back to my photography again. I want to get a 'real' website now, not just a geocities account. I want to control the ads and what not if I even have ads.

I want something that's realitively cheap and easy to use but that I can host photo albums on - at least some of the time.

I like hostmonster's program... but I don't know if that's the best way to go or not. Anyone with more website knowledge have an opinion...

this is what my site looks like now: http://www.geocities.com/alaskanmagic

I want to keep that layout - I use Microsoft Frontpage - but I want to be able to host the photos I use as my examples as well as host 'exclusive' albums etc...

I don't know how to go about doing that so help please!:laugh:

Wish I could be of some help. I pay something around $100/yr. for Homestead for the picture websites I have---basicly on-line photo album pages of my pets and family. I don't know if they'd have what you want or not...I'm not real accomplished at doing anything more than putting photos and text onto the pages. I DO like Homestead, though. AND you can link your photos from there if you want. I don't think Geocities lets you link.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I remember hating working with homestead when they were still free... lol...

100 bucks a year... not too bad... but I dunno...

:)

I don't know if it's just that I got an upgraded computer in September or if Homestead made changes for the better, but it seems to run much more smoothly than it used to. It works a little differently than it did before September. But again, I don't know if that is because I'm now on Windows XP and not Windows '98 anymore, or not.

Alsace

On the Ice
We like blogspot.com, but I don't know if you are looking for that type of site.