Faster Spins | Golden Skate

Faster Spins

LateComer

Spectator
I was wondering how to make a spin faster. I am having troubles with my camel-change-sit-change-sit, which comes after my double toe. I just find it very slow and having trouble getting the 3 revolutions required for each position. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks a Bunch :)

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
If you change arm positions in your sit spin, it will often help you to build speed.

After doing 3 revolutions in my normal sit spin, I put both of my arms behind my back and grab my hands together and it helps me stay in the sit position longer before I change into an upright catchfoot and then do the change of foot into another sitspin.

~Z

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
when does the spin start to slow down? right away, when you are still in the camel position or later? getting a fast camel is hard. but you should start to accelerrate when you whip your self down into the sit spin. when you change feet realy push onto that right foot to get a second burst of speed to finish strong. good luck. :)

kendall

Match Penalty
It's easy:

1. If you want your spin faster: go ask Stephan Lambiel and Allissa Cizney

2. If you want to know how FALTER in FS: go ask Sasha Cohen

3. If you want to how to NOT win olympic gold: go ask Michelle Kwan

4. If you want to know how to be a World Champion under new judging system: go ask Kimmie Meissner.

are there any more questions???? :laugh:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
It's easy:

1. If you want your spin faster: go ask Stephan Lambiel and Allissa Cizney

2. If you want to know how FALTER in FS: go ask Sasha Cohen

3. If you want to how to NOT win olympic gold: go ask Michelle Kwan

4. If you want to know how to be a World Champion under new judging system: go ask Kimmie Meissner.

are there any more questions???? :laugh:

michelle kwan always tried her best on olympic ice and gave 100% both times. sasha cohen does not even know herself shy she falters, so i don't see why you have to be so mean.