Sasha Cohen - Lovely Pic on Cover of SKATING | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen - Lovely Pic on Cover of SKATING

[email protected]

Use link in next post.

SKATING has come a long way since I first joined USFS. It's got more news now than just 'who passed their recent tests'.

Sasha looks yummy.

Joe

Last edited:

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I think her hair looks fantastic - the best I've ever seen it - a cascade of healthy brunette waves...nice.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, no one commented on the new banner! Nice to see some new faces in US skating :)

But you'd think they'd follow up on Nats in the Skating magazine rather than choosing something more obscure. When was this issue released? Was it before Nats in late January? :scratch:

Zanzibar

Final Flight
No, the Johnny Weir cover issue was the one to come out right before Nationals in January. Magazines usually get published quite awhile (at least for monthly and bi-monthlies) before they're actually released so they may not have felt they had enough time to get a proper US Nationals cover-type story printed. All depends on when they went to 'print'.

R.D.

Record Breaker
ok, makes sense. thanks.

Still, should turn more to the up-and-comers, IMO. read about Cohen in US weekly :p

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
It is official for me, she no longer is "adorable" - Sasha is just Gorgeous / "Hottie," I no longer see "cutesy little Sasha" anymore.

I agree with RD, more mention of new comers would be what I would expect from a skating mag.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
To clarify a bit, this issue focused on skaters giving back through charities, etc. So they mentioned Sasha at the Coat the Rink event, Scott Hamilton's CARES program and several other skater's good works. So Sasha got the cover. Next month's issue should have the Nationals coverage. BTW, I too think Sasha looks great!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joe, thanks for bringing the picture to our attention. Tinymavy, thanks for posting the link. I'm glad she's on the cover, she's a name in the figure skating world and lots of people would recognize her. She is just gorgeous!!!!

Dee

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I'm wondering why they picked Sasha for the cover. There are skaters who are currently involved in various charities and such, why not feature one of them? Kimmie and her Cool Kids, Gregory & Petukhov with Right to Play are just two that come to mind. I think Kimmie was on the cover recently but as far as I can remember, G&P have never gotten a cover, have they? Sasha's had plenty, lets see someone else for once, someone who is currently competing.

R.D.

Record Breaker
^ I agree completely DD. ;)

But it's only a magazine cover, so in the thick of things it really doesn't matter. no biggie, and no sleep lost over here.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
^ I agree completely DD. ;)

But it's only a magazine cover, so in the thick of things it really doesn't matter. no biggie, and no sleep lost over here.

You're right, its just a cover and in the grand scheme of things, its not a big deal. I just think it would be nice if Skating Magazine/USFSA would showcase more of its skaters.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so happy they picked Sasha for the cover, I hope she's on the next issue too. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
not sure about free. I'm sure they had to license it from whatever agency took that photo. (looks familiar...unless one of their own photographers took a very similar pic??)

has a skater ever been on back-to-back covers of skating magazine?