2007 Four Continents Gala | Golden Skate

2007 Four Continents Gala

iloveaxel

Match Penalty

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you so much for the links. Great skating from everyone.

Thanks for posting these, and please don't stop!

I can't get much enjoyment out of Pang & Tong. They're very good but don't have much chemistry and - most important thing - she's way too thin. Most skaters are slim but there are a few - really I just know of two, Pang and one other - who look really anorexic. I think their feds should pull them out and get them into treatment.

nuge

On the Ice
I'm really loving watching Emily Hughes skating .She enjoys herself so much out there and she has so much personality a joy .I'll be really be watching and cheering for her at worlds .:clap:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting these, and please don't stop!

I can't get much enjoyment out of Pang & Tong. They're very good but don't have much chemistry and - most important thing - she's way too thin. Most skaters are slim but there are a few - really I just know of two, Pang and one other - who look really anorexic. I think their feds should pull them out and get them into treatment.

Are we sure this isn't her natural body frame and/or a side effect from her liver issues? I only ask because she's always been the same size, so how can we be sure its not a matter of opinion vs. medical fact?

That's an important Q and I'd love to hear a credible answer. But did you see the article a couple months ago where Zhao (of S/Z) revealed his diet during competition season? It was scary. They live on lettuce (slight exaggeration). That is starvation and Pang's skeleton shows.

iloveaxel, do you post at Sashafans under a different name? Anyway - someone there has posted Kimmie's main exhibition, also Buttle's and others. (Thanks very much!)

Kimmie pops a couple jumps and is still meh... but she has on her prettiest dress, in lemon yellow and I get glimpses of how beautiful she might be one day.

Jeff is just a nonpareil - or can only be compared to Johnny among current skaters. He makes the simplest gesture riveting and his jumps and spins always flow into the whole - it isn't that dull mix of set-up and trick, set-up and trick that you see in so many skaters. I also love the combo of such elegance with that big cheerful grin. What a talent! :bow:

ETA: I just took a look at the Catslair article and she reminded me of Jeff's Ina Baur. Whoa - it's just so surprising, long, and beautiful.

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
That's an important Q and I'd love to hear a credible answer. But did you see the article a couple months ago where Zhao (of S/Z) revealed his diet during competition season? It was scary. They live on lettuce (slight exaggeration). That is starvation and Pang's skeleton shows.

No, I missed that... Living on that, you have to wonder how old these athletes will feel in say five / ten years... between the pounding and the lack of "cushion" - that's pretty sad...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
pang and tong were amazing... so inovative and much more difficult than most exebitio n numbers. does anyone know whta music they were skating to? very dramatic. Alissa is great. i :love: thta program. for once, kurt did somthing that i really like.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
pang and tong were amazing... so inovative and much more difficult than most exebitio n numbers. does anyone know whta music they were skating to? very dramatic. Alissa is great. i :love: thta program. for once, kurt did somthing that i really like.

Emily, B&A and more have added! Enjoy.

I'm glad to find another one who actually likes P&T. I always feel I am alone. The music is Adagio by Albinoni. Yeah, their exhibition program is amazing, on the contrary, shen&zhao's # is very generic and bland, I almost have no desire in uploading it.

I started to warm up to them after seeing their last year's exhibition program and this year's new short program. Pang's arm was very stiff in the past and there's no extension etc, but they really have made great progress.

I just hope in the future:
1) pang should always wear pants; 2) pang has to land 3toe consistently in competitions; 3) find a new long program next season.

I read an exclusive interview with them, but too lazy to translate. They are aware of their weakness and strength. They always have good exhibition program, the difficulty is how to incorporate it into a good competition program.

Last edited: